Bluemoon Angling Thread

How's it fishing? This four seasons in a day thing we are having at present is no good - I'd take settled weather (of any sort) over this.

"Worse than the ordinary miserable childhood is the miserable Irish childhood"

Frank McCourt - Angela's Ashes

"Worse than the ordinary atrocious fishing conditions are the atrocious Irish fishing conditions"

Newman Noggs - August 2021

Suffice to say that in the first 2 days we caught more bream (11) and tench (9) than in the previous three visits put together. Then the weather changed and, as you have seen, I'm no fair-weather fisherman, but fuck me, we've been limited to a couple of hours a day. Soaked to the skin from start to finish. Rain like you've never seen coupled with howling gale. We're so wound up my brother and I had a fist-fight today.

Quite honestly the worst holiday I've ever had. If it wasn't for the third member of the party, I'd have booked the ferry home.

"Worse than the ordinary miserable childhood is the miserable Irish childhood"

Frank McCourt - Angela's Ashes

"Worse than the ordinary atrocious fishing conditions are the atrocious Irish fishing conditions"

Newman Noggs - August 2021

Suffice to say that in the first 2 days we caught more bream (11) and tench (9) than in the previous three visits put together. Then the weather changed and, as you have seen, I'm no fair-weather fisherman, but fuck me, we've been limited to a couple of hours a day. Soaked to the skin from start to finish. Rain like you've never seen coupled with howling gale. We're so wound up my brother and I had a fist-fight today.

Quite honestly the worst holiday I've ever had. If it wasn't for the third member of the party, I'd have booked the ferry home.
Apart from that all good though?

Apart from that all good though?

No. The lady-we're-staying with's morher died on Friday morning and the funeral's today. The guests were treated to the sight of two blokes in their 60s scrapping and uttering obscene oathes at each other.

Also, whereas once anglers were welcome everywhere we've been arriving at places we've been fishing for 20 years only to find the gates padlocked and "private land" signs everywhere apparently, they've been having the same problems we've been having during lockdown with people camping, making fires and shitting everywhere, hence the landowners, quite understandably, have taken action and we're the collateral.

There's more but I'll spare you since you only asked what we've caught. I won't be coming back though.

No. The lady-we're-staying with's morher died on Friday morning and the funeral's today. The guests were treated to the sight of two blokes in their 60s scrapping and uttering obscene oathes at each other.

Also, whereas once anglers were welcome everywhere we've been arriving at places we've been fishing for 20 years only to find the gates padlocked and "private land" signs everywhere apparently, they've been having the same problems we've been having during lockdown with people camping, making fires and shitting everywhere, hence the landowners, quite understandably, have taken action and we're the collateral.

There's more but I'll spare you since you only asked what we've caught. I won't be coming back though.
Jesus mate. That sounds grim.

I went chub fishing on The middle Tees up in the north east this Saturday. Had a stunning piece of the river all ours for miles in nice conditions. I started with hemp and caster in the feeder and had four chub. then I went all out for a bigger chub or barbel with meat on a straight lead. Lost two big fish in the same snag but had a lovely time. My mate fished a lobworm for the perch and had three and a chub. Two of the perch were 1.5lb. An enjoyable, simple, old school day's fishing with a home made corn beef slice for lunch. No punchups were recorded.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.