Bluemoon Angling Thread

Interesting report and well done on the fish. I've been looking at Rutland for a winter predator trip. I think it has big zander as well as pike and perch. I seem to remember it's not open for very long for coarse fishing though.

I've been out loads with the lure gear, light and heavy, for very few results. I remember a small pike on a tiny wobbled plug designed for perch. I remember a couple of thumps and a heartstopping lunge from a big reservoir pike to a big lure and a hooked canal trout which leapt and fell off. But apart from that I must have had at six short lure blanks since my last post. Twice I've been roving/deadbaiting on the same reservoir too and been pestered to death by massive crayfish.
Scoff the crayfish mate!

You don’t really hook them on dead bait. They just strip the fish down to a skeleton. Does your head in.
BMR has some crayfish traps I think mate, steal them and have a go!
I bet they are signal crayfish too. Nasty invasive tasty bastards!! :)

BMR has some crayfish traps I think mate, steal them and have a go!
I bet they are signal crayfish too. Nasty invasive tasty bastards!! :)
They are signals. Horrible bastards. I actually caught someone’s trap on a lure with some in there once.

It’s illegal to trap them and illegal to return them alive funnily enough.

They are signals. Horrible bastards. I actually caught someone’s trap on a lure with some in there once.

It’s illegal to trap them and illegal to return them alive funnily enough.
I thought you could get a licence in some areas to trap the buggers. The river Lugg near me is teaming with them!

I thought you could get a licence in some areas to trap the buggers. The river Lugg near me is teaming with them!
You can only get a licence if there are no native white claw crayfish in the area and there aren’t many areas where that applies.

You can only get a licence if there are no native white claw crayfish in the area and there aren’t many areas where that applies.
I checked and the EA are not issuing licences to anyone at the moment....

They ain't doing much about pollution/poaching/predation etc etc either imho :)

Lets just catch the fuckers and do a bluemoon @idahoblues style shrimpy gumbo and moonshine party!....

Without the cousin fucking though.

Just been out perch fishing for a couple of hours and things improved. First canal, not a touch, exploring with a curly tail jig. Second canal, two casts and two big perch, then 100 yard up the canal 2 chub in the same swim then further up the canal again 2 more perch. None weighed but the best was a perch I’d estimate at a pound and a half.

25FD6CB8-B0DC-4F60-BEF1-AAAD2F2940B0.jpeg

Its association water mate... I just joined Wirral Game Anglers and they have a couple of rods.
I have salmon fished the Tweed lots and the Till a couple of times for sea trout, but never the Whiteadder.
It’s small but very pretty in parts. Tight lines mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.