Bluemoon Angling Thread

Just a quick heads up about the CRT ( canal & River Trust )for those that fish our canals . There is a huge issue that has arisen regarding the CRT that has resulted in a huge fall out with angling and boating associations who pay literally thousands of pounds to use our canals .The CRT has took government money to encourage paddle boarding and canoeing on our canals . The CRT have stockpiled paddle boards and canoes at almost all CRT depots throughout the country for public use . This is disastrous for anglers and narrow boaters and also crosses public safety guidelines. FDBC7CBE-B19E-4FDC-956D-C2BDD7AAEEA1.jpeg

Just a quick heads up about the CRT ( canal & River Trust )for those that fish our canals . There is a huge issue that has arisen regarding the CRT that has resulted in a huge fall out with angling and boating associations who pay literally thousands of pounds to use our canals .The CRT has took government money to encourage paddle boarding and canoeing on our canals . The CRT have stockpiled paddle boards and canoes at almost all CRT depots throughout the country for public use . This is disastrous for anglers and narrow boaters and also crosses public safety guidelines. View attachment 76625
Tbh I suspect a lot of these things will be box ticking ornaments. I used to write risk assessments for a watersports place and the public will not be able to just balloon about in boats and paddle boards without loads of safety stuff, training, coaches etc. It's one thing to bring your own paddle board canoe to the canal/river, but as soon as someone is providing a facility for others it's a different ball game.

Tbh I suspect a lot of these things will be box ticking ornaments. I used to write risk assessments for a watersports place and the public will not be able to just balloon about in boats and paddle boards without loads of safety stuff, training, coaches etc. It's one thing to bring your own paddle board canoe to the canal/river, but as soon as someone is providing a facility for others it's a different ball game.
A CRT whistleblower has provided loads of pictures of the paddle boards and canoes stockpiled in the Birmingham, Wolverhampton , West Bromwich and Walsall areas where there are endless canal systems. He has been threatened with the sack and is also a well known top match angler .

Just a quick heads up about the CRT ( canal & River Trust )for those that fish our canals . There is a huge issue that has arisen regarding the CRT that has resulted in a huge fall out with angling and boating associations who pay literally thousands of pounds to use our canals .The CRT has took government money to encourage paddle boarding and canoeing on our canals . The CRT have stockpiled paddle boards and canoes at almost all CRT depots throughout the country for public use . This is disastrous for anglers and narrow boaters and also crosses public safety guidelines. View attachment 76625
It's bad enough the boats churning up the bottom all weekend. We all have to share the waterways I suppose. It's going to piss off the pole anglers a lot more than the lure anglers.

It's bad enough the boats churning up the bottom all weekend. We all have to share the waterways I suppose. It's going to piss off the pole anglers a lot more than the lure anglers.
I think the biggest issue is that most of our canals are quite narrow and just about passable for barges or boats passing through in either direction. Throw a number of paddle boarders or canoes into the equation and there is simply no room . Inevitably there will be incidents and potential serious accidents on the canal waterways . Also there is a growing number of very large and wide luxurious boats on our canals and it is a tight squeeze for a traditional narrow boat to pass when one of those in coming in the opposite direction . With all this going on anglers just haven’t got a chance of a decent days fishing !

Course fishing newbie here...well sort of. The last time I picked up a course rod in anger was when we lived just up from the Ebro and spent many a day locking horns with the evil bastards that inhabit that river.....A 1 acre lake in a farmers field at the back of us. Just got back and had 3 tench in quick succesion and all looked like the herons or otters had been at them. Still, a relaxing day out baring a flock of geese landing in the middle and a herd of cows stampeding across the field and all for £8.00 a day, could be hooked again.

That's crazy, anyone can float any river they want here with no safety restrictions, maybe kids under 14 have to wear a life jacket. They do have loaners if you show up without one
IMG_7098.jpeg

That's crazy, anyone can float any river they want here with no safety restrictions, maybe kids under 14 have to wear a life jacket. They do have loaners if you show up without one
View attachment 77326
In Tennesee you can ( or could ) rent a tractor innertube from a store or garage etc and float down the river on it until the next town.

In Tennesee you can ( or could ) rent a tractor innertube from a store or garage etc and float down the river on it until the next town.
There are little rental places like that all over the place. There's one in town and I have to say it has fucked the local river up for fishing, kayaks, canoes, paddle boards plus the drift boats and oh course inner tubes. I've been fishing from my canoe for decades but this new rental place has reallu messed it up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.