Bluemoon Angling Thread

Have to admit, I don't fish the river stretches Docklow offers. Not sure I would know where to start. If I can't pole fish I am lost :-)

I'm the opposite, I don't possess a pole even though I know there are times when it would be a killer method. The reason is that I'm too old to learn new tricks. I'm learning fly fishing but, even though I'm now fully retired, I just feel I'm running out of life time and too much to learn now.

I'm the opposite, I don't possess a pole even though I know there are times when it would be a killer method. The reason is that I'm too old to learn new tricks. I'm learning fly fishing but, even though I'm now fully retired, I just feel I'm running out of life time and too much to learn now.

There is a bit of that in me too, but really I am just lazy. Pole fishing is really simple mate, you would pick it up in a heartbeat.

There is a bit of that in me too, but really I am just lazy. Pole fishing is really simple mate, you would pick it up in a heartbeat.
Certainly more straightforward than casting a fly or even fishing a waggler well really

I do like the waggler, it's probably how most of us started. I even play around with a light feeder rod once in a while. But I always revert to pole. I catch so much more.
Just so accurate. My go to as well but worked hard on my bomb and feeder fishing too over the last year as they deffo have their place at times.

I'm off to Hereford on Monday for my annual trip to the Wye. @snorky hasn't commented on the state of the river lately so I'm not expecting much. Think I'll just chill for 5 days.
Haven't heard anything on coarse fishing mate. I will keep my yugs open and let you know.

On a sadder note my good friend and retired Ghillie of the beat I fished until this season, Tony, sadly passed away last weekend.

Great bloke, top mate, and a fantastic angler.

Haven't heard anything on coarse fishing mate. I will keep my yugs open and let you know.

On a sadder note my good friend and retired Ghillie of the beat I fished until this season, Tony, sadly passed away last weekend.

Great bloke, top mate, and a fantastic angler.

So sad. Seems to be a lot of bad news about at the moment. Maybe it's our age.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.