Bluemoon Angling Thread

I posted a few weeks ago about the park lake I’d found. Full of weed, no night fishing, no real pressure. I went on a bit of a campaign. I went up 3-4 times a week at night and spodded loads of pellets on a tight area right out in the middle of the lake where there was no weed and I’d seen fish rolling.

I fished 3 Saturdays with a 3am start and about 5 evenings. In some ways it was a nightmare with locals wanting to talk all the time. But the process worked. I had a big bream, a big tench and 3 carp from my spot. None were over 20 but I have come away on holiday just when things were getting interesting. The locals are telling me about uncaught massive carp (which I never really believe) but it’s going to be tough when I get back to decide whether to carry on this campaign or get on the rivers.

I’ll probably do both.

Had a couple of hours double handed switch and light fly rod fishing near Hay on Wye Saturday. Missed a few grayling/trout takes as I am soo bloody slow striking (too much lazy salmon fishing!)
Had a couple of big chub before the inevitable barrage of canoeists came...
I directed the first dozen of so to pass behind me, but then the whole river was taken up by them and I headed for the bank before I got taken out!

I got the idea there wasn't a salmon within 5 miles of me.

Beautiful spot though.

River Severn yesterday and another day of my life doing what I want to do rather than what I have to do. Beautiful surroundings as you can see.

Started feeder fishing on maggot as I always do to get some feed down and caught lots if chublets and dace and, to my great satisfaction a bream. Then kicked over my maggot box and lost most of my maggots. After that went on pellet and it slowed right down and, more or less stopped by late afternoon. My mate was barbel fishing and didn't have a knock.

As I sat there, later on, an otter ran onto the sandbank just in front of me which probably explains the absence of fish !

20240701_102409.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.