Bluemoon Angling Thread

Just bought a rod and going to get in To this. Need some calm in my life.

Good man. You won't regret it. Except when it's pissing down, your maggots are escaping, you're umbrella's just been shredded, your hat's blown off and you haven't had a bite. Even then, you'll love it, just slightly less.
What about waiting hours for a bite. Then you decide to have a brew or need a piss, nearly always get a bite then; )

Or turn round to see your rod heading off over the horizon like I did once in Portugal. Suspect most of us have had that experience
Haha. I remember a few years ago fishing on the Ebro. We'd just done 8 hours on a boat with the guide. Came off the boat and went back to our hotel to shower and change clothes. My mate suggested we go and fish off the back of the village pleasure cruise boat for carp for an hour or two and take some cans. Good idea, I was up for it so we did. We forgot to take a rodrest so my mate cast out in the margin and rested his rod on a tin of ale. We were chatting about the catfishing on the guides boat whilst having a few tins. Next minute the rod was dragged in and off it went down stream. Quick as a flash I grabbed the tin of ale to stop it following the rod. My mate was cursing me all night as he was gutted he lost a Greys Prodigy carp rod and a good Fox reel. At least I saved his can of lager the ungrateful ****; )

Just bought a rod and going to get in To this. Need some calm in my life.
Find a local club.
Usually 20 to 40 for a year.
You'll meet other anglers who will point you in the right direction if you're struggling.
Pretty much all decent folk too.

Well the Wye is in flood which doesn't augur well for Sunday. Happened to us three years ago and it was a question of finding the odd fish. Still, it's the being there that counts.

Could anyone recommend a good fly fishing venue in Greater Manchester or Cheshire please.
It’s my Dads 90th birthday soon so want to take him fly fishing.
We both know how to cast but not that experienced really. Any venue recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Well the Wye is in flood which doesn't augur well for Sunday. Happened to us three years ago and it was a question of finding the odd fish. Still, it's the being there that counts.

All the rivers are full or flooded. I'm hanging fire until a couple of days in and then hitting either the Ribble or The Trent. I do know a couple of good floodwater pegs in the Ribble and suspect that most of the weed and shite has flushed through already.

Did any of you get out for June 16th?

I couldn't resist a last minute plan to have an early morning on The Ribble. I find it takes the fish a while to get used to bait after the close season, so I decided with the river being up to collect some lobs. I couldn't find any, so I had a lie in.

I fished The River Calder in the afternoon, wandering around, plopping slugs in for chub. I didn't even get a touch, but at least I'm up and running. Having a barbel trip this week to either The Trent if my card comes through or The Ribble if it doesn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.