Bluemoon Fitness Thread

Ok I'm really struggling with my 'push' session. Just not making the required numbers to make an increase in weight. I'm going for 4 sets of bench and 4 sets of OHP and I'm barely making 2 sets of 8 and then a third set which ends up in failure...every week for 3 weeks.

I'm progressively overloading everywhere else, slowly inching up, but why is this not working? Beginning to piss myself off.

Ok I'm really struggling with my 'push' session. Just not making the required numbers to make an increase in weight. I'm going for 4 sets of bench and 4 sets of OHP and I'm barely making 2 sets of 8 and then a third set which ends up in failure...every week for 3 weeks.

I'm progressively overloading everywhere else, slowly inching up, but why is this not working? Beginning to piss myself off.

I swap every would be fourth bench session in my routine with a heavy dumbbell press instead. Seems to give me a welcome break from it, and the added need to stabilise the dumbbells and freedom of press I think helps build a little more strength around the chest and core.

I still dumbbell press on some bench days, just not as heavy following benching.

I have pretty much been doing 30 minute gym sessions (weights) for a while and I am just bulking up and looking massive - I also eat loads whenever I go to the gym so I am now reducing the weights in terms of amount and weight .

Now rowing machine at the start - 15 minutes quick weights and then run 3k run decent speed 3/4 times a week . Seems to be better and losing a bit of weight and not as hungry.

I don't take any fancy dan supplements like protein shakes should I?

Been back at the running since December 29th after finally shaking off this achilles injury, done 53 miles in 6 runs, little slower than my usual pace but getting it back up there.

Also been visiting the gym twice a week to help with strength training plus some hill reps on the indoor bike. Want to get my chest and arms a little bigger, been doing pull ups and press ups plus bicep curls and chest press with dumb bells.

@FantasyIreland anything else you recommend? Can't do dips as we've only limited equipment in the gym itself.

Been back at the running since December 29th after finally shaking off this achilles injury, done 53 miles in 6 runs, little slower than my usual pace but getting it back up there.

Also been visiting the gym twice a week to help with strength training plus some hill reps on the indoor bike. Want to get my chest and arms a little bigger, been doing pull ups and press ups plus bicep curls and chest press with dumb bells.

@FantasyIreland anything else you recommend? Can't do dips as we've only limited equipment in the gym itself.

The basics pal,heavy lifts 10-6 rep range and eat to a surplus.

2 days a week....maybe a full body workout

A - Deadlifts,Incline Dumbell press and Bent rows

B - Squats,OHP and weighted chins

3 sets of each.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.