Bluemoon Fitness Thread

After having reached good numbers with BMI, glucose and bp and on the path to being fit, life pulled the carpet from under my feet with my first seizure three weeks ago.

Soon I will have to undergo a craniotomy to remove a golf ball sized venous malformation, the biggest of 30 odd ones I knew I have had for many years. But this one grew to the size under the radar, bled and edemaed everything around it. To say that I am terrified for this surgery is an understatement.

I know this place satires many worries, but words of reassurance would help.
You'll be in amazing hands pal,they will look after you.

All the very best pal,i'm rooting for ya!

After having reached good numbers with BMI, glucose and bp and on the path to being fit, life pulled the carpet from under my feet with my first seizure three weeks ago.

Soon I will have to undergo a craniotomy to remove a golf ball sized venous malformation, the biggest of 30 odd ones I knew I have had for many years. But this one grew to the size under the radar, bled and edemaed everything around it. To say that I am terrified for this surgery is an understatement.

Good luck my friend the nhs is wonderful!!! You’ll be back doing cartwheels in no time me old china

Best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Touching 40 and want to trim up, clean up the diet a bit.. tend to sugar binge too often.
I do cardio when I work out, don’t mind the workouts, it’s the body pain for days after that’s the killer!
Anyone got any tips on how to cope with it?

After a couple of years of various annoying injuries, I feel better now and I have joined a new 24hr gym that has opened up just down the road from me.

I currently weigh about 13.5 stone and I am 5ft 9'' so I hope to lose about 1.5 - 2 stone ideally.

I plan to begin with a mixture of cardio and weights with an all over body programme rather than a split circuit. I don't want to get big I just want to have a lean look.

My question is should I do my cardio on a different day to the weights or do them on the same day. So say do cardio Monday, Wednesday and Friday and do weights Tuesday , Thursday and Saturday?

You sound exactly where I was!! I used HIIT (Beachbody Insanity workout) and Intermittent Fasting and I got down to 11st from slightly heavier than you in 3 months.

Takes discipline to smash through the first walls and after that you'll coast. That was last summer and I'm 11.7 now as I didn't return to the exercising until 4 weeks ago.

Life got in the way!

I think I should have included weights in my fat loss as you're doing, but went for pure cardio.

I lost muscle I didn't target losing, but my arms look really defined.

Touching 40 and want to trim up, clean up the diet a bit.. tend to sugar binge too often.
I do cardio when I work out, don’t mind the workouts, it’s the body pain for days after that’s the killer!

Not really as its a part of the process.However,it will lessen off with training consistency and a good diet/lifestyle will ensure the best recovery.

Make sure you're stretching before and after your workouts, a good 15 minutes before and after. Learn to breathe and relax. It's crazy how much tension built up in our muscles and tendons comes from the mental aspect of things.

Well I’ve been back out in the bike this past few days, did 40 on Friday over 2 trips, a brutal 50 on Sunday including some big climbs, Tuel lane has a 18% gradient!! Plus Ripponden road and the surrounding areas, plus another 40 to work and back today. Looking forward to the Tour De Manc now, couple more long rides over the next 2 weekends and I should be right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.