Bluemoon Fitness Thread

Nice one Sam,the effort paying off nicely.
Cheers bud. Starting to become somewhat obsessed with it now. Was in London last week and had two days without a gym and was a right grumpy twat. Not happy if I can’t feel muscle soreness somewhere (I’m sure you know exactly what I mean).

Good work mate.

With the press ups, you could probably shave off a little time and yet increase work and chest shape by doing three sets of superset 10x decline, flat, incline press ups with a two minute break between the sets.

It’s only 90 compared with 100 but will work your lower, upper and middle chest. I moved over to that a couple of months back and feel my chest had really pumped up and shaped more roundly than flat press ups alone.

Cheers for the tip, always happy to try something else :)

Nice bump. Just finished a round of insanity max 30 and I’m down to 16 stone 4, I was 18 stone 13 (fat fat bastard) this time last year so I’m relatively pleased. I’ll have a week off and jump back into it next week I think. I’m looking at a beginner weights program (full body) mixed with cardio three days a week each for the next couple of months.

I’ve never really done much training so any tips or recommendations would be appreciated :)

Cardio wise I’m fine, a mixture of running, cycling, tennis, 5 a side and insanity should keep it fresh.

Nice bump. Just finished a round of insanity max 30 and I’m down to 16 stone 4, I was 18 stone 13 (fat fat bastard) this time last year so I’m relatively pleased. I’ll have a week off and jump back into it next week I think. I’m looking at a beginner weights program (full body) mixed with cardio three days a week each for the next couple of months.

I’ve never really done much training so any tips or recommendations would be appreciated :)

Cardio wise I’m fine, a mixture of running, cycling, tennis, 5 a side and insanity should keep it fresh.

The other lads on here will have good advice for weights but I wanted to say well done for your weight loss.

Cheers bud. Starting to become somewhat obsessed with it now. Was in London last week and had two days without a gym and was a right grumpy twat. Not happy if I can’t feel muscle soreness somewhere (I’m sure you know exactly what I mean).

My head is fucked with it pal ;-)

Not as bad as i was in my 30's......but still,there isn't a minute in a day where i am not thinking about food or training.

Completed Salford Triathlon yesterday, 1.5k swim, 40k bike and 10k run. All done in 3.01.15 hours, if i'd got the transition off from the swim a bit better i'd be under 3 hours. Smashed the bike which helped me to 26th in my age group (50+), and a 54 minute 10k was acceptable i guess.

Swim was awful though, only 14 others were slower than me(out of 400), definitely need to improve, can't front crawl without ending up shattered after a couple of minutes so end up breast-stroke most of the way which takes more out of your legs.

Any other Triathletes or swimmers got any advice?

Completed Salford Triathlon yesterday, 1.5k swim, 40k bike and 10k run. All done in 3.01.15 hours, if i'd got the transition off from the swim a bit better i'd be under 3 hours. Smashed the bike which helped me to 26th in my age group (50+), and a 54 minute 10k was acceptable i guess.

Swim was awful though, only 14 others were slower than me(out of 400), definitely need to improve, can't front crawl without ending up shattered after a couple of minutes so end up breast-stroke most of the way which takes more out of your legs.

Any other Triathletes or swimmers got any advice?
Well done Inchy,but jeezz.....breast stroke......i feel your pain.What about taking lessons? get you body alignment and breathing right?

Well done Inchy,but jeezz.....breast stroke......i feel your pain.What about taking lessons? get you body alignment and breathing right?

I've been in touch with a swimming coach but am on his waiting list as he's in high demand. It's something i know i need to sort out and definitely must do before i do the Lakesman full distance next year, 2.4 miles breast-stroke will take forever haha.

Going to go back to the pool instead of open water swimming this week and start from the basics, couple of lengths front crawl at a time. I CAN do it, just get a little panicky once i start in open water, confidence thing really.

I've been in touch with a swimming coach but am on his waiting list as he's in high demand. It's something i know i need to sort out and definitely must do before i do the Lakesman full distance next year, 2.4 miles breast-stroke will take forever haha.

Going to go back to the pool instead of open water swimming this week and start from the basics, couple of lengths front crawl at a time. I CAN do it, just get a little panicky once i start in open water, confidence thing really.
Best of luck pal,i swim like a Gorilla so you have my full empathy.

@FantasyIreland whats your view on rest/growth days fella?

At the minute I’ve got time to go to the gym everyday but everything I read says that I should be taking at least two days off a week to let muscle build etc (whereas I’ve been doing cardio 3 days, weights on 4).

Would you think one would see higher gains if I dropped the cardio or reduced it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.