Bluemoon Fitness Thread

A barman at my local who has always been in good shape but liked to have a laugh and the odd shot with the locals has recently turned into a fucking nightmare having gotten onto one of these intense diet/workout regimes. I understand somebody wants to get in shape but what is it with people that completely lose their shit on these programs. Hard to get a beer out of him as he struts around wanting to talk about his diet/ workout/diet/workout ad nauseum. Turned into a really boring ****!

How do you guys motivate yourselves to work out?

I struggle with depression and want to restart the Insanity program but I can’t seem to conjure up the motivation to do it.

Whilst my BMI is under 20 (I’m over 6ft and weigh just under 150lbs), I would like to decrease my body fat to as near to 10% as possible. If my scales are accurate, it’s currently 14.2%. :(
Put your workout and when your going to do it in your diary, be very specific about what your going to do, and when, but be realistic because at the start as somebody else has said it is more important getting into the habit than what your actually doing.
If you stick to it, within a month you will start to see results and feel good at the end of workouts and look forward to the next one.
Good luck.

In fact tell us on here what your going to do as well, we can encourage you.

Just a thread bump to remind anyone wanting to 'get buff' for next summer to get yourself in the gym right now, don't wait until Jan 1st (or 2 months before your holiday). If you're uncomfortable around weights, or just wanting to learn, the run up to Christmas is the quietest time in the gym until the new years resolutioners ruin it for 2 months. You're not going to have time to turn into Arnie but you can build some good habits and a bit of a foundation for a more successful cut prior to your holiday.

Can anyone please recommend/advise good gloves for lifting weights?

have some very basic York fitness ones but the padding on the palms has already started to come with only a few months use.

Budget around £25.

not sure if wrist straps necessary or not

have some very basic York fitness ones but the padding on the palms has already started to come with only a few months use.

Budget around £25.

Don't bother mate. Use lifting chalk for grip, and wash it off afterwards followed by handcream/ moisturiser.

Budget around £25.

Why exactly?

Gloves - no, lifting straps, only when the weight is at a stage where your grip is the weakest point, heavy deadlifts, rows etc for example.

Why exactly?

Gloves - no, lifting straps, only when the weight is at a stage where your grip is the weakest point, heavy deadlifts, rows etc for example.
I am using equipment that others use, and do not want to develop calluses and blisters to my hands

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.