Bluemoon Fitness Thread

Well, I'm thinking of moving into this as I can't be arsed with the gym and it's only one payment. Considering when I can't get to the gym, this indoor/ outdoor option seems perfect.

So, I guess I'm wondering if anyone does this and if they recommend it over the gym for building muscle.
Press ups, sit ups, chins are all free. do them, go for a walk / run every day and watch the diet. Another few weeks of lockdown doing that will get you in decent nick depending on your starting point. Join a gym after that and get into the heavy stuff if you want to build muscle. Those bands are a great progressive resistance tool for rehab work and no doubt you can get a workout from them, but doubt it's the muscle building tool advertised there.

Of course this will work. It's just resistance, the same as weights. You just need to increase the resistance (tighter bands I suppose) to progress.

No mate its utter bollocks.

You need to move weight to gain muscle.

Press ups, sit ups, chins are all free. do them, go for a walk / run every day and watch the diet. Another few weeks of lockdown doing that will get you in decent nick depending on your starting point. Join a gym after that and get into the heavy stuff if you want to build muscle. Those bands are a great progressive resistance tool for rehab work and no doubt you can get a workout from them, but doubt it's the muscle building tool advertised there.

Well, that's confusing...

I get the whole free stuff that Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese mentioned as I do a bit, but the muscle build stuff is it works or it doesn't, surely?
I suppose as MCFC_Phil said, resistance is resistance so maybe the rubber bands will work and to be fair these are probably a lot heavier than the ones I've used for physio. Having said that, i don't believe that bloke in the ad got in that shape from using them. Probably years of training (weights), decent diet, good genetics, and maybe some pharmaceutical help along the way. Whatever you do is going to be better than just boozing and wanking of in front of the tv, so if they don't cost a fortune give them a go and you tell us if they are any good?

I suppose as MCFC_Phil said, resistance is resistance so maybe the rubber bands will work and to be fair these are probably a lot heavier than the ones I've used for physio. Having said that, i don't believe that bloke in the ad got in that shape from using them. Probably years of training (weights), decent diet, good genetics, and maybe some pharmaceutical help along the way. Whatever you do is going to be better than just boozing and wanking of in front of the tv, so if they don't cost a fortune give them a go and you tell us if they are any good?

I've got a set ordered for next week, 50 odd notes.

I'm half a stone overweight and I don't want to drop down if I get COVID if the wife does have it. I'll need the extra weight to battle through.

Even it helps tone me up and keep me active, but keep the weight, it'll be worth it.

I have no idea if that'll be the case, though.

Well, I'm thinking of moving into this as I can't be arsed with the gym and it's only one payment. Considering when I can't get to the gym, this indoor/ outdoor option seems perfect.

So, I guess I'm wondering if anyone does this and if they recommend it over the gym for building muscle.

They’re alright as part of a routine. They can make basic movements very tough, and make your exert more energy than you normally would with body weight.

I wouldn’t be expecting huge changes with those alone, personally. I use some in with weights and a range of movements and training.

I've got a set ordered for next week, 50 odd notes.

I'm half a stone overweight and I don't want to drop down if I get COVID if the wife does have it. I'll need the extra weight to battle through.

Even it helps tone me up and keep me active, but keep the weight, it'll be worth it.

I have no idea if that'll be the case, though.

where did you pick them up from fella?

Just get some weights and stop fannying about with bands.

You're a man not a 18 year old Instagramette.

Resistance bands are far superior for some movements, such as chest fly, shoulder raises etc, because they provide constant resistance against the muscle, rather than hammering the joint against gravity at the end of the eccentric part of the movement.

The big downside is that the old school "hur dur clang some metal and eat steak" brigade don't like them...

Just get some weights and stop fannying about with bands.

You're a man not a 18 year old Instagramette.
It's not me you miserable fucker, it's @Bigga buying the bands. Good luck to him and I'll keep an open mind until he reports back. I've added bands and chains to squats before and that's certainly a good workout. Just hope bigga doesn't accidentally let go of one end and flick himself in the eye - I remember doing that with an elastic band at school and it hurts like fuck, might be an A&E visit with these things.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.