Bluemoon Party Night Details

tueartsboots said:
Tremendous night. topping up now ! Met more Blues on train back to London-Shady. that twat wasn't worth it mate. Banned Tosspot, you are such a soft sweetie ! If I was gay .............................. Lol
Biggsy1, where were you?
Bluebird1,Blue_bird and Bluemoonchick, Thank you all so much for organising last night- Best night in my life !
I thought you were? ;-)

Bluebird1 said:
asherj123 said:
very, if none showed at all, might have been there 8-9 or 11pm onwards, i doubt that though, cook was there. but after being told signed shirts would be auctioned/raffled and seeing a table of what i presume prizes (stevie ireland signed canvas, geovanni signed picture and framed, a legends framed signed picture, and no lakey/dibble/morrison, first team players/management, it was hard to justify £12.50 when the band was one no-one had heard of the and comedian tried his best but was working with a tough crowd.

1. I don't know where you were looking but Paul Lake was there.

2. We invited a number of ex-players along. It is up to them whether they turn up or not. We can't do any more than that.

3. Considering you are so critical of the party, you obviously think you can do better - be our guest and organise the next one yourself!

hence why i said it wouldn't have been down to you. Couldn't do it myself so well done for that but half the things that were advertised as being there weren't, i know it was out of your hands as i mentioned but that was what i was getting at, which most people don't seem to understand.

foxy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
You were pissed when I got there just after 8! Hope you feel better this morning.

just got back to sheffield now mate, going bed soon. When did you leave? You back to London today?
I left about midnight and said to you "I'll see you at Bolton2 but you were too far gone by then for it even to sink in. Heading back down south in a couple of hours.

Decent night all in all, great to meet Gary Cook. Well done to the everyone who organised it... Im sorry i have to say this as i feel like a prick for saying it, but i diddnt think it took off :S. It might be because of my age barrier (i couldnt drink and most people were over twice my age (im 15)) But I thought the band and comedian were great but just got ignored because everyone was talking, and also you could'nt strike up a propper conversation because you had to shout over both acts. Lets put it this way i could not have done a better job myself, obviously. But at the end of year party (if there is one) Can it please not have as many acts! because the main reason for these sort of acts is so you get entertained but dont have to mingle, but at the end of the day thats what the night was about! getting to know eachother. also i think we really needed name tags for the bluemoon members so it would feel less like a meeting of random strangers.

Like i said i feel like a cock for bringing it up as most of you had a great time, and the people who organised it are really nice. But i thought it just needed highlighting

kiam06 said:
Just want to say that I had a great night, it was nice to meet some fellow bluemooners not that I can remember who was who but everybody was friendly and it was a really good atmosphere. I didn't know the band had not taken a fee so fair play to them for that I think they will do well in the future.

The biggest thank you I have to give goes to the bluebirds for all their hard work and effort, I know you were all a little nervous as to how the night would go but let me assure you it was a fantastic night and you did the bluemoon forum proud.

It was only the lead singer, Ben (Ryan Connor from Coronation Street) who didn't take a fee. The other two were paid (rightly so as well) but Ben insisted on not taking any money for himself which is really good of him.

blue_bird said:
kiam06 said:
Just want to say that I had a great night, it was nice to meet some fellow bluemooners not that I can remember who was who but everybody was friendly and it was a really good atmosphere. I didn't know the band had not taken a fee so fair play to them for that I think they will do well in the future.

The biggest thank you I have to give goes to the bluebirds for all their hard work and effort, I know you were all a little nervous as to how the night would go but let me assure you it was a fantastic night and you did the bluemoon forum proud.

It was only the lead singer, Ben (Ryan Connor from Coronation Street) who didn't take a fee. The other two were paid (rightly so as well) but Ben insisted on not taking any money for himself which is really good of him.
They didn't do Billie Jean :(

Lmarkham-blueblood said:
Decent night all in all, great to meet Gary Cook. Well done to the everyone who organised it... Im sorry i have to say this as i feel like a prick for saying it, but i diddnt think it took off :S. It might be because of my age barrier (i couldnt drink and most people were over twice my age (im 15)) But I thought the band and comedian were great but just got ignored because everyone was talking, and also you could'nt strike up a propper conversation because you had to shout over both acts. Lets put it this way i could not have done a better job myself, obviously. But at the end of year party (if there is one) Can it please not have as many acts! because the main reason for these sort of acts is so you get entertained but dont have to mingle, but at the end of the day thats what the night was about! getting to know eachother. also i think we really needed name tags for the bluemoon members so it would feel less like a meeting of random strangers.

Like i said i feel like a cock for bringing it up as most of you had a great time, and the people who organised it are really nice. But i thought it just needed highlighting

You don't sound like a prick at all - but you may be showing your age though.

The end of season party will probably have the same sort of running order (although the charity aspect of it may change somewhat!). Afterall, there were only 3 acts and we were there for 5 hours!!

The night was about having a good old knees up with fellow blues, not about getting to know each other - we're not a dating agency you know!!

The nametag idea would never take off - as someone said it's a little bit adolescent - which is fine considering you ARE one but the rest of us aren't (unfortunately!)
I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it more than others but
if (and I do mean if) we do another one I hope you'll still attend.

blue_bird said:
kiam06 said:

thats alrite of him, had a quick chat with him at arctic monkeys gig last saturday about city, he was stood next to me for about 20 minutes, seems like a decent lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.