Bluemoon

Mancini's title winning side lost to Sunderland and drew to Blackburn when both were 15th in the league. They lost to 19th placed Wolves, drew twice against 17th placed Brimingham and lost to 15th placed Villa and 15th placed Everton.

Pellegrinis title winners lost to 17th placed Cardiff (who finished 20th), lost to Sunderland in 19th place (where they finished), drew to 15th placed Norwich (they got relegated)

You're not the only person who has said stuff like "How can West Brom have gotten a point against us when they are 19th!!!" Or "title winners don't drop points to relegation candidates in the last 24 hours but everytime I've seen it I've been baffled.

Relegation candidates taking points off top sides competing for titles happens every single season.
Okay yeah I know it’s probably unwise to just write off certain teams as I know they can pose a threat but in recent years we have seen off a majority of these teams but now we’re slowly letting these bad results creep in

Criticism yes
Abuse and calling for manager to be sacked absolutely not warranted.
Some of the ire being vented on here is out of order for what’s happening.
Some need to learn to take the rough with the smooth a bit better.
I’d definitely admit I need to take the rough with the smooth better. I’m not expecting us to win the league every year but I want some more effort and energy. Re calling for the manager to be sacked, for me it is because he said he’d sign a new contract when he earned it and has yet to do so. This combined with poor performances leaves me with a very negative look on this right now.

Okay yeah I know it’s probably unwise to just write off certain teams as I know they can pose a threat but in recent years we have seen off a majority of these teams but now we’re slowly letting these bad results creep in

Ths team is clearly not firing yet and we have to get some attacking fluidity back while keeping the defensive improvements but I think we are going to have to start realising this is a league season that'll probably be won with 85 points. That means the best team in the league will drop nearly 30 points over 38 games.

Yesterday was frustrating but it was the kind of thing that happened once a month to title winners before Guardiola and Klopp took over.

People were similarly writing us off at this time in 2013 when we were 8th after 12 league games.

Last edited:
but the op wasnt about having a whinge, it was about the amount of wums we have on bluemoon, and the over the top hysterical posts when things aren't going well

Opposites mate we also have the big blue optimists that are just as annoying because you can’t talk with them either. They have to defend everything. I mean we have been about to turn a corner for 14 months approx.

The simple fact is we are a different club now. Bang out separate threads on the owner, the Barca boys and pep and you will get

Best owners in the world
Khaldoon smart bloke
Txiki Great DOF
Pep bloody genius so lucky to have him
Players great

Why we doing poor then? Err Everyone’s struggling, what about last year? Err fuck off support the club ffs I remember Alan ball

The simple fact is we are now paying top bucks to people who are supposed to be among if not the best in the business. The downside of being put on a pedestal and earning the big money is expectations.

Comparing Pep and the big wigs to Jimmy Frizell and Peter Swales times is nonsense.

If he comes up short this year then it’s 2 titles in 5 years and getting knocked out of Europe by lesser teams early every single year.

Now what would happen to a manager at Barca Madrid Munich etc.. with that record? Questions would be asked.

The match day thread is a disgrace by the way to that I agree with you 100%

Yeah, as @FantasyIreland said, fair play. I looked up some of your previous posts to see if you were genuine, and saw loads of requests for tickets, going back a long time.

Frustrating for us all, but my philosophy is you have to take the rough with the smooth. Without rain, there ain't no rainbow, to quote Dolly Parton. This might be a fallow period etc. Trust in our leaders.
I went all warm and gooey seeing Dolly being mentioned:-)

I’m interested to know what people expect to read on a fans forum when the team is underperforming? Of course the manager and players are going to cop some flak.

Criticism yes
Abuse and calling for manager to be sacked absolutely not warranted.
Some of the ire being vented on here is out of order for what’s happening.
Some need to learn to take the rough with the smooth a bit better.

Abuse I agree, I don’t abuse players or the manager but calling for a new manager is perfectly legit as a football supporter if you think it’s best for the club. Same with players,discuss why you think they should be moved on but don’t abuse them. We don’t have bad players at the club and contrary to some views they are definately trying. We have no Pogba’s or Ozil’s at this club.

the place is full of wums and its really about time something was done about them, they feed negativity into every topic, and sadly those weak minded easily led posters get swept up in it, the mods really need to get a grip, because bluemoon resembles a bbc comments page, the match and post match threads are nothing short of a 14 years olds rant on twitter, and these people claim to be adults.
It's a forum, some will be negative some of the time. This isn't East Germany, this year in the UK we have seen enough denial of personal freedoms without someone on a bleeding' internet forum trying to make it worse. Just ignore the posters that get you down.

It's a forum, some will be negative some of the time. This isn't East Germany, this year in the UK we have seen enough denial of personal freedoms without someone on a bleeding' internet forum trying to make it worse. Just ignore the posters that get you down.
read it again,it was about the wums, not freedom of speech

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.