Bluemoon

So we should censor opinion? because we don't agree? to protect people from WUMS? because its negative? and on and on, it's a football forum, IMO if they are not breaking the rules it's fine with me.
I have no doubt there are attention seekers on here but, the vast majority are fair minded and can work things out for themselves.

So we should censor opinion? because we don't agree? to protect people from WUMS? because its negative? and on and on, it's a football forum, IMO if they are not breaking the rules it's fine with me.
I have no doubt there are attention seekers on here but, the vast majority are fair minded and can work things out for themselves.
Got no problem with opinions, it's the ones that just post endless negative stuff about the team and players. Argyle and fordyboy are prime examples, makes you wonder what the Frank Clark or Alan ball days would look like in the forum, maybe we should have a retro match day thread, Reading away in division 1, Elm park and we lost 0-4 in a midweek game...

I am sure every forum has it's hysterical post game reactions and has done for years. I don't find it a problem, I always think people who browse forums of other teams are quite sad.

You can't compare the hysterical reactions on a forum to the AFTV clown show. DT's antics are probably encouraged/orchestrated by Robbie to attract more viewers and increase revenue through advertising. DT is extremely embarrassing and has anger issues and the rest of the mob are an embarrassment to their club.

I hope that there won't ever be a youtube channel representing our fanbase which mirrors the hysterics of AFTV. If there is, I'm sure our fans will have a word. I know a lot of utd fans who show contempt towards Goldbridge and that fat bastard "might as well be celtic" heffer.

Robbie is a decent fella and fair play to him for doing it, the mainstream sports media are a joke so fan accounts get my support.

That said, there’s some funny characters on there.
They are complete nut jobs but it can be entertaining in small doses.

We do have an element of entitled fans as do all successful clubs, to be fair though they have not been in the trenches with City like us FOC’s have, they have only known success....

I don’t mind people moaning about City, I do it all the time but not on public forums, including this one, well the odd one or two
Maybe :-)

Being a City fan isn’t all about success, it’s about the people we are, the club we are and the way we have the ability to bounce back regardless of what’s chucked our way ...
Some don’t get that which is sad, I’d support City if we dropped into the Northern Premier League, as would most, increasingly though we are getting fans who wouldn’t ... The match day forum is stuffed full of this type of fan unfortunately... !

Last edited:
They are complete nut jobs but it can be entertaining in small doses.
Haha yeah they all are but Robbie.

TY makes me laugh the most, he’s absolutely delusional beyond belief.

He must be the biggest happy clapper I’ve seen supporting their club.

This is absolutely golden.

Glory attracts glory hunters, its unavoidable. 20 years ago you supported City because you were from Manchester or your parents got you in to City. Not being disrespectful but that was the way it was and it's always been like that for 99% of clubs. The traditional big clubs ( I'm speaking globally here) always gained the fair weather supporters, the lads that needed a team to be involved in conversations at work or the pub. They never really cared and would move on the NFL at the drop of a hat. Defeat never hurt them and victory never brought them pure joy, it was only ever about inclusion.

City as a club have gone after these "attainable" supporters in the same way Madrid, Liverpool or PSG have gone after them. They are Instagram hits and numbers on a spreadsheet, they will help you extract more from sponsors but the down side is the hysterical fannies wanting a new manager after every poor performance. These lads didn't sign up to be served boring football, they want 100 points and 6 nil wins and they want it now. No preseason, no fans, a relentless fixture program for international players are all excuses they don't want to hear about.

City are a bit stale looking now but they're still comfortably one of the best 2 teams in the league, one of a handful of teams capable of winning the European Cup. Memories should still be fresh from seeing some of the best football any football supporters has ever seen, forget about the trophies, just the football alone was sensational for 18 months. To the real supporters those memories should be able to change your mood in instant, to the blows in its yesterday's news. Get Naglesmann in and give him 300m to get Halaand and Mbappe.

Mostly of the fans on the match thread would be at the game itself if we had no COVID and fans were attending games as normal. Usually when you are watching a game you sometimes get frustrated by certain plays or the way certain players are performing

When I attend the games I always hear some shouting at certain players to pass or shoot and at the moment many players get cursed or slaughtered by the fans in the stadium. Once the game is over there is either a happy mood or frustration and anger. It becomes like a hangover but then goes away

Sometimes when we play really bad and we lose I avoid the forum and even media cause I am just too upset and dont want anything to remind me especially in current times. But I never miss any games for City and never will and love supporting this team but I also have a right like all other fans to be angry and frustrated when we have the best manager in the world and some of the best players in the world and we are under performing.

Its all part of each persons way of showing their affection and support to their team. Being angry with the team and players is because we have passion to our team and football as a whole.

Today I was looking at the table and thinking if we had won some of the must win games against WBA, West Ham and maybe Leeds we would have been 2nd with a game in hand! Oh well!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.