Blues in east lancs

about time too! 3 of us in rawtenstall would love to join, I can help with graphic design and also if you buy our kid a pint sure he will help with web design, great idea hope you pull it off!<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:16 pm --<br /><br />love the woolpack idea right outside work ; )

AlthamBlue said:
Any updates on this?

Yep, the thread disappeared into oblivion for a while but here is the situation.

Mostly from bluemoon, with a couple of others from another forum and a City retweet, we've just about scraped enough to get the ball rolling (if everyone who expressed an interest commits). I've had 19 responses with some suggesting friends/family may also be interested.

As stated earlier, the vast majority of interest is from the Accrington and Rawtenstall areas, with a few slightly further afield but not massively so.

Therefore, venue suggestions are welcomed - lets debate on here. My initial thoughts would be maybe Haslingden/Helmshore area as it wouldn't be too far (no more than 10 mins drive) for anyone that has responded. At the moment I'm thinking maybe just a normal, largeish pub, as it won't be a huge branch in the first instance and we don't want to get a huge function room when it isn't necessary at the moment.

Criteria (in order of importance)
1. Bar, with good beers
2. Live football, possibly also 3pm games for any aways not attended, ideally a blue landlord (or anything but a rag).
3. An area that could be taken over for informal, and maybe also formal, meetings
4. Ideally near to 464 bus route, for those wishing to drink excessively.
5. Free

Probably forgot something important, discuss below.

Darryl

PS thanks for all the offers for help, it will be needed!

Fuzzy Logic said:
Had a few responses on twitter today about this. Maybe we should set up a Facebook page ?

Great idea, I'll look into it later or if you're so inclined go for it youself!<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:26 pm --<br /><br />
darryl28 said:
Fuzzy Logic said:
Had a few responses on twitter today about this. Maybe we should set up a Facebook page ?

Great idea, I'll look into it later or if you're so inclined go for it youself!

Update:

Early venue suggestions:

- Woolpack, Helmshore
- The Station, Helmshore
- Enfield Cricket Club, Clayton-Le-Moors

More ideas still welcomed, just let me know on here.

Some other ideas for location, although I think Woolpack is good for roadlinks and ideal for Rawtenstallers like me.

Rawtenstall cricket club - very smart new clubhouse with good beers - usually only open Thurs to Sun and might want to charge, this I can check. Spotted the odd rag in there sometimes too.

Shepherds Inn - just down road from Woolpack - vested interest as its my local! but good beer, live footy, amenable landlady (into football) who's always up for the underdog (now a thing of the past for us though), its free and probably butties laid on if we drink enough! Downside - its not huge, parking on road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.