bnp have an elected mep

dannybcity said:
mrcunny said:
Alan Kernaghan's 40yd Lob said:
it makes me want to cry that normal people want to vote for the bnp

They have hit their peak..country is in a mess and this will always result in the unsavoury types of parties getting more votes.
BNP have no chance of progressing much further imo.

This, although it's depressing that this peak has even been reached. Apparently however, the BNP were expecting much more from the EU elections so all is not lost.

In a nutshell.
BNP were indeed targetting a better electoral return than they got and yes,their performance was in part down to a "fuck you all" protest vote to the three major parties in response to "Sleazegate" coupled with a piss-poor turnout,but I doubt this will be repeated come General Election time.
Not that there is room for complacency - whenever there is a vacuum in mainstream politics,you can bet your arse that extremists on both sides will view it as a golden opportunity to exploit the situation and gain ground.
Maybe this could just be the "wake-up" call that both politicians and the public need,and a salutory lesson on the potential dangers of a lack of credible candidates and parties untainted by corruption.

der-bomber said:
bb...the delectable Ms Televators seems to be firmly aligned with us backbone lads and is full of moral fibre and not scared to tell it how it is....

The jellies aint got a clue, mate, l can't work out how they get through life on a day to day basis, l gave that gimp ernesto the benefit of the doubt tonight and tried to engage him openly in debate, but he just continued with his pitiful ,cretinous one liners that aren't even funny, relevent or well constructed...

Not sure what a 'jellie' is but i think i might be one. Can you explain.

p.s. 'relevent' has an 'a' in it.

They will be able to put forward bills in the european parliament but given they only have 2 seats they will not be successful. Like a previous poster said, this will be their peak performance at a bad time in the economy. Once there is a boom in the economy they will shrivel up and be insignificant.

My only worry is they all have security access to the Houses of Parliament

foxy said:
They will be able to put forward bills in the european parliament but given they only have 2 seats they will not be successful. Like a previous poster said, this will be their peak performance at a bad time in the economy. Once there is a boom in the economy they will shrivel up and be insignificant.

How exactly would MEP's have security access to the Houses Of Parliament?
Only elected members of the House Of Commons or House Of Lords have enhanced security status,as far as I am aware.
And they would probably be far too stupid to remember the security pass anyway.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
foxy said:

How exactly would MEP's have security access to the Houses Of Parliament?
Only elected members of the House Of Commons or House Of Lords have enhanced security status,as far as I am aware.
And they would probably be far too stupid to remember the security pass anyway.

They definatly have access to security cards.
I am not sure why but they have been granted passes, not they can do much. They cant go into the chamber, they can just use the facilities and meet lobbyists and Members staff etc..

stonerblue said:
Correct, they have access all areas passes for the Commons.

Not doubting you mate,but how do you know this?
I attended one of my MEP's surgeries last year and was told by him that they don't have access.
So MEP's lie through their arses as well?
I guess at least they're consistent.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/politics/domestic_politics/bnp+to+get+commons+passes/3202687" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/p ... es/3202687</a>

I hope Black Rod gets hold of them.

BingoBango said:
stonerblue said:
Correct, they have access all areas passes for the Commons.

Not doubting you mate,but how do you know this?
I attended one of my MEP's surgeries last year and was told by him that they don't have access.
So MEP's lie through their arses as well?
I guess at least they're consistent.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/politics/domestic_politics/bnp+to+get+commons+passes/3202687" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/p ... es/3202687</a>

I hope Black Rod gets hold of them.

racist..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.