Boateng - getting to wind me up !

we should get our money back from the sale maybe even a million over what we paid hopefully.. maybe he realised he wasnt cut out for the rigours of the premiership at the highest level

dennis tuearts hatrick balls said:
we should get our money back from the sale maybe even a million over what we paid hopefully.. maybe he realised he wasnt cut out for the rigours of the premiership at the highest level

Completely agree, he wasn't exactly an essential part of our team this season so I think its unrealistic for us to expect to make much of a profit, but he's got a long term contract with us so we should get back what we paid for him and then forget all about him.

Bellamy's Caddy said:
dennis tuearts hatrick balls said:

Completely agree, he wasn't exactly an essential part of our team this season so I think its unrealistic for us to expect to make much of a profit, but he's got a long term contract with us so we should get back what we paid for him and then forget all about him.
I also agree he was a waste of money

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6989308,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 08,00.html</a>

What pisses me off is...Why is it that City have to 'agree' ... if Bayern wanted him that much, they would pay the asking price...after all, that's what everyone else expects us to do???

''is true that I have agreed with Bayern on a four-year deal. Now it is up to Manchester to make it work. At the moment they are making things a bit difficult," Boateng told Kicker Magazine.

apparently the full quote was ''.....things a bit difficult because they want me to stay''

This isn't a Tevez situation.

He's down the pecking order, not settled here for whatever reason (family...young babies etc) so get rid.

No problem with him wanting to go if he hasn't settled but he shouldn't have discussed it in an interview and if he did have a bit of a dig at the club then that is pretty shit. Let them have him for the price we paid and move on, if they won't match that price then tell him he has to report for pre-season training like everyone else. Maybe his agent would like to persuade them to pay the proper fee for him seeing as he has been dealing with them.

lmjones1uk said:
I'm really pissed at JB, I was one of his staunchest defenders when he wAs playing shit and now he just throws it back in our faces.

Kolorov who had a similar season in regards to performances / injuries is at least loyal and dismissing transfer rumours - this is the sort of grit in players we need, not twunts who use then disgard us at the earliest opportunity.

To be fair to JB, he is NOT a RB or LB. He wants to play in his favorite spot (for National reasons as well) and I don't blame him. He needs to be playing cb regularly and he wont here. And also he isnt good enough at RB or LB when he does play so get rid. Boyata is better anyway ; )

Iredale29 said:
Every player we want to buy, the other clubs demand a higher fee.

So if Bayern are as serious as they say they are, lets hold out for a higher fee.

We're a football club, not a charity case.

Boateng is tipped to be one of the best (dont know why?)

So theres no reason to get rid just because Bayern & Boateng are clicking their fingers.

Its probably going to be our one chance to actually earn a decent fee back on a unsuccessful player for us.

So let us set the demands & not Boateng.

I'd settle for about £16million plus future incentives, i.e. appearances, goals etc.

We won't get £16 million , but we should at least hold out for our money back .....

he's young , only been here a year , and is a full german international , and we paid a reasonable fee for a promising player with that pedigree ...... yet Bayern want him for peanuts ..

quite frankly Bayern like to think of themselves as a big club , but big clubs just get out there and do it , no haggling !

They are now obviously hoping that Boateng will heap pressure on City to sell , but all they're doing is making themselves look like c*nts , and cheapskates too!

The guy confuses me like mad, wasn't it his own fault that he was injured so much during last season? He had an injured knee but still went to play for Germany and on his way back got a trolley rammed into it?
Kind of never played looking confident at City, and i often wondered how he got away with not wearing shin pads so frequently?! Which shows he doesn't look after himself properly. His first ame for City, the pre season vs Valencia, he was awsome and set up a goal with a cross but we never saw that for the rest of the season... he's moaning about not being able to play centre back at City but played in the world cup for Germany at left back and right back - i dont see what his problem was? When we've got players like Micah who says on the website today he's play as a striker if he was put there!
If he's got this 4 year contract sorted at Bayern himself let him got, personally i think Zabba and Micah are better players and hotter prospects for City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.