Boateng to Bayern

What we should do is sell him to any team other than Bayern for £3 million under Bayern's offer price - with a 25% sell on clause - that should piss them off.

Blue Haze said:
Bayern are assholes. Fuck them.

Only thing is, we just bought Savic. What will we do with all these central defenders?
send boyata on loan and we only have 4 center backs lescott,kompany,savic,boateng untill toure gets back in september

send boyata on loan and we only have 4 center backs lescott,kompany,savic,boateng untill toure gets back in september
Toure will come back in September and it will then take him at least 6 weeks to get match fit and just after Christmas he will be away in ANC along with his brother. We need the lot IMO.

Etchy said:
zangatangring said:
fairyfeet said:
Boateng looks happy enough in the videos from the training camp anyway so sod em.

Cool, good news for me. If anyone watched and remembers the world cup, Jerome Boateng was class, absolutely class. His technicality as an attacking defender really mirrored Vincent Kompany ( who is, in my opinion, one of the top 3 in the world).
He's got height, pace, ambidextrous, astonishing attacking technicality for a Center-back and he can play ANYWHERE across the defensive line. Yeah, he's not the finished article but, who is these days?
He's been quoted as saying he wants to leave but if he does want to leave, I think city shouldn't sell him for any less than £16m, (look at phil jones).
are we not gonna suffer from too many defenders now? we have 2 right backs and 2 left backs... but we have 6 centre backs! surely we dont need that many... 4 or 5 would do...

Lescott, toure, kompany, savic, boateng, Boyata.

well, Savic certainly isn't going to have an immediate impact. He's a hot prospect, though. I'm assuming that his passing and technicality will be a VERY useful long ball approach, such as M. Dawson for spurs or maybe a Luiz (less flair though) for chelsea. We don't know much about him so this is pure speculation.

Lescott will probably take the place only temporarily. He will soon be outdone by Savic/boateng IMO. Boyata is a backup player and U21 so doesn't need to be listed. One center back will certainly be leaving though. I just don't think it should be Boateng, maybe kolo?

zangatangring said:
Etchy said:
zangatangring said:
Cool, good news for me. If anyone watched and remembers the world cup, Jerome Boateng was class, absolutely class. His technicality as an attacking defender really mirrored Vincent Kompany ( who is, in my opinion, one of the top 3 in the world).
He's got height, pace, ambidextrous, astonishing attacking technicality for a Center-back and he can play ANYWHERE across the defensive line. Yeah, he's not the finished article but, who is these days?
He's been quoted as saying he wants to leave but if he does want to leave, I think city shouldn't sell him for any less than £16m, (look at phil jones).
are we not gonna suffer from too many defenders now? we have 2 right backs and 2 left backs... but we have 6 centre backs! surely we dont need that many... 4 or 5 would do...

Lescott, toure, kompany, savic, boateng, Boyata.

well, Savic certainly isn't going to have an immediate impact. He's a hot prospect, though. I'm assuming that his passing and technicality will be a VERY useful long ball approach, such as M. Dawson for spurs or maybe a Luiz (less flair though) for chelsea. We don't know much about him so this is pure speculation.

Lescott will probably take the place only temporarily. He will soon be outdone by Savic/boateng IMO. Boyata is a backup player and U21 so doesn't need to be listed. One center back will certainly be leaving though. I just don't think it should be Boateng, maybe kolo?
I get the feeling Toure will play a bit-part role when he comes back.

Kompany & Lescott as the first two centre-half pairing, with Boateng and Savic as back up to them, Boyata will be loaned out I reckon. Boateng can also be a back up right or left back.

[/quote]

Kompany & Lescott as the first two centre-half pairing, with Boateng and Savic as back up to them, Boyata will be loaned out I reckon. Boateng can also be a back up right or left back.[/quote]

Yours actually makes more sense for the upcoming season. Yeah, I absolutely agree. Don't you think that MC need Savic and Boateng to improve dramatically? No offence intended to Lescott worshippers, I don't think Lescott is a viable permanent option in defense. Lescott was dropped once or twice for his lack of manoeuvrability in favour of boyata, which is certainly not a Champions league setup.

Kompany & Lescott as the first two centre-half pairing, with Boateng and Savic as back up to them, Boyata will be loaned out I reckon. Boateng can also be a back up right or left back.[/quote]

Yours actually makes more sense for the upcoming season. Yeah, I absolutely agree. Don't you think that MC need Savic and Boateng to improve dramatically? No offence intended to Lescott worshippers, I don't think Lescott is a viable permanent option in defense. Lescott was dropped once or twice for his lack of manoeuvrability in favour of boyata, which is certainly not a Champions league setup.[/quote]

I dont remember Lescott being dropped for manoeuvrability issues. If he was dropped it would be to give Boyata a chance or because he was injured. Lescott was just as good as Kompany last season and should be partnering him next season. He might not be the most mobile but neither is Vidic or Terry yet they are class as world class defenders. Lescott has his faults but hes still a top quality defender and would be my 1st choice to partner Vinnie and it looks like Mancini agrees with me as we havent signed a top central defender yet.

Well reports are that Bayern are set to complete the signing of Chelsea defender Alex .. (goal.com)
Dubious I know , but if true certainly means Boateng stays . !

Boateng is not needed at right- or left-back anymore. The club has 2 quality right-backs in Zabba and Richards. 2 good left-backs in Kola and Clichy.

If Boateng stays..it will only be to compete for the place alongside Kompany in the central defence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.