Boateng to Bayern

Even if the fee is around £12m we've still made a profit on him 'in the books' because his value will have gone down £2m-£3m over the year in amortisation. Depending on the length of his contract. (5 years?)

Blue Coop said:
Even if the fee is around £12m we've still made a profit on him 'in the books' because his value will have gone down £2m-£3m over the year in amortisation. Depending on the length of his contract. (5 years?)

Yep. So young promising CB in for £7m and young promising CB sold for £12m. Not bad.

Never that impressed with him and he had an awful game against Aris as far as I recall. Profit made good business, Tinie Talent can do one.

Decent business when you consider he never got going last season. On the flip side, I think he's a far better player than he showed with us so it could be argued that Bayern have got themselves a good deal too.

I know a lot of our fans will be glad to see the back of him but I'm a bit disappointed because we never saw his true potential - he impressed in the World Cup playing totally out of position at left-back and that barn-storming run and cross in the pre-season friendly against Valencia gave many of us hope that he'd be a good player for us.

Devastated he's gone, he will most definately become one of the top center halves in europe in the next 5 years. However i remember kidd saying we will look in to each players eyes and ask them if there really ready and up for it, i assume jerome didnt fill them with complete compassion

The simple facts are he never settled at City or in England and made it clear he wanted to go back to Germany.

He was also constantly injured at city we simply could not get him fit. When he did actually play did not live up to expectations.

At the end of the day, Richards and Zabs were far better last season he was third choice in all the positions he can play(LB, RB, CB)

This being the case making a profit and getting him off the wage bill is good business. We have loads of cover in those positions as well.

I do rate him and wish him well it just didnt work for the player or the club. Hopefully we keep Nedum now.

anyone else pretty pissed off with this? the fact he signed should little or no effort or good attitude at all and then fucks off to another club a year after signing and doing fuck all for us. what a tosser. good things to come from it is that it pays for savic and clichy and it will mean there is less competition and the defenders are more likely to get more games here.

Disappointed to see him go without having a decent run of games in the center of defence. If Lescott can look decent with a run of games i have no doubts Boateng would've done too but i guess it's good business if we've made a profit on him (no matter how little).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.