Bob Dylan

Watching and performing maybe who knows .

Only joking of course or maybe not , many a rock star, entertainer , elite mogul , even average joe hasn't always asked the age of the fellow engager in an exchange of fluids and many have lied about it on both fronts.

if he did the deed and it can proven in a court of law beyond all reasonable doubt he did and it was in breach of the law at that time and can be prosecuted now then he will have to answer to the law no matter the timeline.

He'd have to answer in this case because NY lifted the statute of limitations for a 2 year period then ended the day after this accusation was made.

Not really an extreme view is it?

Most European countries age of criminal responsibility starts at 14. Portugal starts at 16.

Not sure if you are talking about UK or Australia, but obviously the current law should apply.

There is a difference between absolving someone of all responsibility, and taking the position that criminal sanctions are inappropriate for children and counterproductive because they do more harm than good on young developing minds. There is still consequences for children who commit serious violence in these jurisdictions.

Well put Fode , its a difficult subject for some especially the victims of crime and those impacted to grapple with.

I was referring to Australia where we have the criminal juvenile justice system where some states are wishing to lift it apply to 14.

In general notwithstanding the counter productive nature to those under 14 who commit serious crime there is a growing trend in Australia to issue lesser criminal sanctions or accountability and consequences as you state for more serious crime such as attempted murder or murder at any age now.

I think this is a dangerous road to take but am open for a consideration of views on what to do with juveniles who commit serious crime.

Surely though, you would have to have some credible evidence in order to get a legal firm to represent you, otherwise you could be seen as wasting the courts time.
The law firm cannot just bring about legal action without some kind evidence.
Absolutely Bill but as mentioned the mud sticks in spheres like the media often with an agenda.

We had a shocking situation recently where Cardinal George Pell a senior figure in the Catholic Church was crucified in the media and eventually charged by police for sexual crimes against two minors on evidence that could never have occurred.

it was a classic case of trial by media and the police if you can believe it actually advertised for witnesses and any victims to come forward some 25 years or so after the alleged offences took place.

one eventually did but it turned out he was not even present when the alleged crime took place which of course never did.

the actual sodomy inflicted upon minors by many a priest was flavour of the month at the time some of whom had perished since and some who were rightfully jailed for committing horrific offences.

He spent over a year in jail and was eventually cleared by appealing to the High Court and much of his savings were spent on his defence.

For these crimes or alleged crimes Bill the police will prosecute the case on behalf of the victim as its a criminal offence.

Given Bob was on tour, and literally thousands of miles away for much of the period the accuser says she was a prisoner, it seems very unlikely there's any truth in these allegations. Bob does not deserve to have any shadow cast on his reputation from what we've heard so far.

Thats a bit unfair, 16 is the age of consent in the UK and McCartney was under 20 when he wrote it.
Nothing wrong with fancying a 17 year old when you're 19.
I know mate, I wasn't knocking McCartney, in fact that's one of my favourite Beatles songs, I was just using that line to formulate a joke.
But how many on here have performed sexual acts on 14 and 15 year olds?
I certainly did, but when I was 14, not 40, that's always been a no no.

I know mate, I wasn't knocking McCartney, in fact that's one of my favourite Beatles songs, I was just using that line to formulate a joke.
But how many on here have performed sexual acts on 14 and 15 year olds?
I certainly did, but when I was 14, not 40, that's always been a no no.
I had sex with a 15 year old when I was 17. Maybe illegal, but we were mates through her elder sister and she had great tits.
And before you ask, yes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.