bob out mart in?

O'Neill has a wonderful football brain. And he is his own man.

Love him to bits.

Whether that is enough to be a true TOP manager remains to be seen.

mackenzie said:

Love him to bits.

Hugely overrated in the media due to his personality and the fact he's British. Look at league position and spending on wages + transfers and you see how good a manager is - it shows O'Neill to be competent, no more no less. He performs more or less to where you'd expect him to be.

That is higher praise than it sounds, to be fair, as there are plenty of managers who fail to do that. And precious few - Wenger, Moyes, Fergie - who really out perform their spend.

Rösler's Dad said:
mackenzie said:

Love him to bits.

Hugely overrated in the media due to his personality and the fact he's British. Look at league position and spending on wages + transfers and you see how good a manager is - it shows O'Neill to be competent, no more no less. He performs more or less to where you'd expect him to be.

That is higher praise than it sounds, to be fair, as there are plenty of managers who fail to do that. And precious few - Wenger, Moyes, Fergie - who really out perform their spend.

I never really get this stuff about how a manager is "British." It has never meant that much to me. I like O'Neill though. He seems to be able to get something "extra" from his players, and that to me is a hallmark of a very good Manager.

hilts said:
tamworthblue said:
JMA, Climb out of your own arse. We won 6-1, Spuds lost, Shite lost...I'm in a good mood. I concluded that De Niro's post had to be a wind up...if it wasn't, then he's a deluded idiot. Let it go.

i think you need to read his post properly, if this was a one off from de niro on this subject then it would be seen as a funny wind up, if however someone does it over and over chances are there is a reason behind it that the OP doesnt have the courage to come and admit he is guuted that hughes left and doesnt rate mancini

i am gutted we derailed our season, bob has not yet the players or the nous to win enough games in the prem. he's learning but will be out the door before it all clicks.

hughes had to go purely because of the run of draws, we looked shaky, once the desision was made we should not have appointed a caretaker manager who although great in italy had no idea what the prem was all about. no one gets the time to learn their trade in the prem.
is that clear enough for you?

mackenzie said:
Rösler's Dad said:

I never really get this stuff about how a manager is "British." It has never meant that much to me. I like O'Neill though. He seems to be able to get something "extra" from his players, and that to me is a hallmark of a very good Manager.
Fair enough - it was more of a comment on why the media like him.

He is a good motivator but, IMO, tactically very limited. Also his only significant purchase from abroad while at Villa is John Carew - hardly an unknown as it is. Suggests a somewhat limited horizon.

Clearly in terms of motivation he's excellent, but the overall package is 'merely' competent. Again, that sounds harsher than it is as most managers fail even to reach that standard. Wouldn't want him at City though.

de niro said:
hilts said:
i think you need to read his post properly, if this was a one off from de niro on this subject then it would be seen as a funny wind up, if however someone does it over and over chances are there is a reason behind it that the OP doesnt have the courage to come and admit he is guuted that hughes left and doesnt rate mancini

i am gutted we derailed our season, bob has not yet the players or the nous to win enough games in the prem. he's learning but will be out the door before it all clicks.

hughes had to go purely because of the run of draws, we looked shaky, once the desision was made we should not have appointed a caretaker manager who although great in italy had no idea what the prem was all about. no one gets the time to learn their trade in the prem.

60% win ratio not enough for you?

Rösler's Dad said:
He is a good motivator but, IMO, tactically very limited. Also his only significant purchase from abroad while at Villa is John Carew - hardly an unknown as it is. Suggests a somewhat limited horizon.

Clearly in terms of motivation he's excellent, but the overall package is 'merely' competent. Again, that sounds harsher than it is as most managers fail even to reach that standard. Wouldn't want him at City though.

He reminds me of Clough.

A bit of a weirdo but strangely effective.

Rammy Blue said:
de niro said:

60% win ratio not enough for you?

2 points per game with a squad of crocks and defensive mids as supplied by the previous genius.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.