Bobb injured in training | Fractured leg confirmed (p 5)

Gutted for the lad, but we move on and we'll manage just fine without him.

Let's hope he's back flying before Christmas he will be like a new signing.
100% agree, the worry is long term with the type of player he is, and his incredible ability to turn in tight spaces, that must put huge strain on his body.

He will get the best medical support there is and hopefully will come back stronger than ever.

How unlucky can you get?

So we’re potentially looking at 2-3 months at a guess? We have 3 international breaks in that time so if it had to happen now is the time. Let’s hope he bounces back soon.

Step forward Sav!

Really feel for him. He was going to start the first few games. I had a feeling he was going to nail down that right wing spot before savinho got up to speed.

Unless it’s a shocker like a clean break or a spiral fracture, it might sound worse than it is.

Bones have a simpler structure and a better blood supply than ligaments, tendons and cartilage therefore they heal faster and better.

Not saying he’s going to be back in a month but he could be back a lot sooner than if he’d done something like his Achilles or cruciates. It takes 6-8 weeks for bones to heal and then getting back up to activity, fitness and full contact maybe 12-14 weeks. Whereas, an Achilles injury can be 6-8 months and cruciates 7-9 months.

I believe de Bruyne’s injury last year was a hamstring tendon injury. I reckon Bobb will be back much sooner than de Bruyne was.

Last edited:
It's incredible how many of our most promising young homegrown players seem to suffer serious injuries, either one offs or ongoing issues, that disrupt their progress or in the very worst cases end their careers altogether.

Going back as far as Pual Lake, then Michael Johnson's decline was initiated by injuries, Foden has had more than his fare share of time out due to injury and illness and now just as Bobb was all set to enjoy a break out season.

We do seem to be cursed in this respect.

Not knocking a Bobb here because I’ve been excited about him for a while, but I wouldn’t ever but too much importance and judgement on a pre-season.

Scott Sinclair and Kelechi Iheanacho had fantastic pre-seasons with us once.
Ian did OK for us.

His miss for Leicester in the 'don't shoot Vinny' game was a season highlight.

As for Scott of the Antarctic..........!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.