Bobb injured in training | Fractured leg confirmed (p 5)

Not knocking a Bobb here because I’ve been excited about him for a while, but I wouldn’t ever but too much importance and judgement on a pre-season.

Scott Sinclair and Kelechi Iheanacho had fantastic pre-seasons with us once.
Agree regarding pre-season - I fell for it once after seeing Tel Ben Haim make his debut in a pre-season friendly ( can't remember the opposition ) He was outstanding!

It's incredible how many of our most promising young homegrown players seem to suffer serious injuries, either one offs or ongoing issues, that disrupt their progress or in the very worst cases end their careers altogether.

Going back as far as Pual Lake, then Michael Johnson's decline was initiated by injuries, Foden has had more than his fare share of time out due to injury and illness and now just as Bobb was all set to enjoy a break out season.

We do seem to be cursed in this respect.
You had to scrape together that information!!!

A couple of years ago I twisted my ankle badly and had to go for an X-ray, It turned out it was just a bad sprain and ligament damage, But the X-ray showed long ago when I was playing football I broke the bottom of my leg that holds the ankle bone, a piece of bone had snap off and went into the ankle joint,

The funny thing is the doctor said it's normal for sportsmen to break bones and not know it, many just heal by themselves and leave a scar on the bone or in my case a chip that fell off just floated around in the joint.

It's mad how you can break a bone and not know until years later, By the way, the bad sprain and ligament damage hurt so bad and took about 4 weeks to settle down

Terrible news, he was the player I was most excited to watch this season. The curse of the community shield begins. On a serious note, we've players to cover his position, so we'll be fine.
He did it in training, not at Wembley

A couple of years ago I twisted my ankle badly and had to go for an X-ray, It turned out it was just a bad sprain and ligament damage, But the X-ray showed long ago when I was playing football I broke the bottom of my leg that holds the ankle bone, a piece of bone had snap off and went into the ankle joint,

The funny thing is the doctor said it's normal for sportsmen to break bones and not know it, many just heal by themselves and leave a scar on the bone or in my case a chip that fell off just floated around in the joint.

It's mad how you can break a bone and not know until years later, By the way, the bad sprain and ligament damage hurt so bad and took about 4 weeks to settle down
Aahh....there there now !!

Terrible news, he was the player I was most excited to watch this season. The curse of the community shield begins. On a serious note, we've players to cover his position, so we'll be fine.
Seconded,poor lads been outstanding pre season

“Absolutely horrific news”. It’s not.
How is a youngster - who was set for a breakthrough season - fracturing a bone in his leg, now out until the new year, not horrific news?

It might not be “horrific” for our season as a whole and we’ll be able to cope, but it’s obviously horrific from his perspective. He’ll be devastated.

Gutted for him. Hope he can at least come back for the last couple of Champions League group games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.