Bobb injured in training | Fractured leg confirmed (p 5)

Fracture of the fibula with reported non-contact means he probably rolled his ankle, at this site the distal fibula and tibia (lateral/medial malleoli) overlap the talus, so rolling it can cause the talus to push into these structures and fracture them.

Why does every City player go to Pep's friend Cugat? I understand that he's a renowned orthopedic surgeon, but why not go to a surgeon who specializes in this area of the body?

Ugh. I'm still so disappointed for him and us. It sounds like a pretty serious operation, too:

“Typically, it’s non-weight-bearing or limited weight-bearing for six weeks,” says Dr. Rios. “Most fractures will have some degree of protected weight-bearing for 10-12 weeks, then at least another month to fully rehabilitate.”

Last edited:
This is well disappointing. I was hoping he'd get the minutes early doors this season and stake a claim for the rest of it. He looked well on it in pre-season. Hope he's back fit and rearing to go as soon as possible.

With Alvarez gone an injury to one of our attackers seemed written in the stars. I am gutted for Bobb as he seemed to be knocking at the door of a regular place.

Still Oscar's misfortune is an opportunity for the likes of McAtee, Savinho etc.

Cannot afford any more injuries though.

wish him well , thats 2 squad players missing for the start if KP goes, surley we will be bringing someone in while the windows open

I can see it happening, but not sure this makes a difference. Compared to last year, KP hardly played at all, and Bobb's limited time played last year could be filled by McAtee.

Given we had de Bruyne injured for the first half of the season, and we now have Savinho, we're arguably up in terms of overall numbers in attack.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.