Bobb injured in training | Fractured leg confirmed (p 5)

I'd imagine it was slightly painful?

;-)
Had to play the last 5 in net.
Lugged it around for a day at work thinking it would walk.off.
Sat am decided to get an X-Ray.
Free bollocking from the nurse thrown in.

Don't worry aboit Oscar though - I'm as good a player now as I ever was.
;-))

On the bright side, it seems like many players have recovered fully from this injury. It appears to be a pretty common injury in the NFL. Mainoo actually suffered the same injury in United's pre-season last year. Isco missed the Euros' this summer because of it. I read John Stockton(most assists in NBA history) suffered one, played on it through the Olympics, and then had it operated on and played another decade. Medicine has come a long way since then, so I'm cautiously optimistic, albeit still gutted.

A couple of years ago I twisted my ankle badly and had to go for an X-ray, It turned out it was just a bad sprain and ligament damage, But the X-ray showed long ago when I was playing football I broke the bottom of my leg that holds the ankle bone, a piece of bone had snap off and went into the ankle joint,

The funny thing is the doctor said it's normal for sportsmen to break bones and not know it, many just heal by themselves and leave a scar on the bone or in my case a chip that fell off just floated around in the joint.

It's mad how you can break a bone and not know until years later, By the way, the bad sprain and ligament damage hurt so bad and took about 4 weeks to settle down

i've just had a series of scans that have revealed an historic fracture in my hip that has healed, poorly, but i never knew and have been playing football 3 or 4 times a week on it for 7 years. Bizarre. It can happen. Costing me now though :(

reminds me, that marathon runner lass just did a marathon with a fracture, in Paris.

Poor Bobb. Shit news to be fair, but he'll be back.

Last edited:
i've just had a series of scans that have revealed an historic fracture in my hip that has healed, poorly, but i never knew and have been playing football 3 or 4 times a week on it for 7 years. Bizarre. It can happen. Costing me now though :(

reminds me, that marathon runner lass just did a marathon with a fracture, in Paris.

it's crazy

I played football for years and got knocks and bruises all the time, You just run them off have a hot bath and go again the following week, The pain barrier must kick in and the body heals itself, like your historic fracture years late shows up and starts to flair up now and when the cold weather starts its bad

The X-ray he showed me it looked like a big piece of bone had gone missing, but the bone had reground or growth tissue but you could see where the fracture happened, he said it must have fallen off and gone into the ankle joint and just fused or it's still floating about in the joint

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.