Bobb injured in training | Fractured leg confirmed (p 5)

Sad news for the lad.
Couldn't have come at a worse time for hom in his development.
Hope he has a speedy recovery was really looking forward to seeing him this season.
He looks like a very special player.
Says something when a lad a his age doesn't look out of place on the pitch with players like bernardo and de bruyne.
Best of luck Lad

Gutted for the lad but he's young enough to come back stronger. We still have Grealish, KDB, Bernardo, Foden, Doku, Matheus Nunes, Savinho, Nico O'Reilly, & MCatee, to supply Haaland with Kovacic & Rodri tidying up. I'm sure if we're light after the 1st couple of games the management will bring someone in. The best players in the world must be falling over themselves to play for City & Pep.

Didn't we have a fully fit team in the second half of the Treble season. ?
Nope

Foden had several "niggles" then appendicitis.

Ake was injured vs Bayern Munich

KDB had a sudden problem (illness?) when we played Leipzig away

Grealish was injured vs Real Madrid at home

It just did not affect too much because
1 Foden was out of regular starting XI by that point
2 Akanji filled Ake role as LB and Walker as RB
3 Mahrez played RW and Bernado played KDB position vs Leipzig
4 Grealish rested when we played the dead rubber games after securing the title.
5 Stones was fit! Hallelujah

And there were on and off problems with Laporte but he was out of the regular XI

Nope

Foden had several "niggles" then appendicitis.

Ake was injured vs Bayern Munich

KDB had a sudden problem (illness?) when we played Leipzig away

Grealish was injured vs Real Madrid at home

It just did not affect too much because
1 Foden was out of regular starting XI by that point
2 Akanji filled Ake role as LB and Walker as RB
3 Mahrez played RW and Bernado played KDB position vs Leipzig
4 Grealish rested when we played the dead rubber games after securing the title.

And there were on and off problems with Laporte but he was out of the regular XI at that point
Think many,including myself,forget last season was the first Foden really established himself as a first choice player. This season he'll establish himself as a first choice midfielder.

I played for Broughton Amateurs in that league back in the 90's, bloody hard league that was.
I played in the Lancashire Amateur League in the early 1980's. A sliding tackle left me with badly torn ankle ligaments. It was awful. I can still feel it now.

Pep: Bobb out up to 4 months
Poor lad. He will be absolutely gutted right now, as we all are for him.

I don’t think from a physical perspective this will be a make or break moment for his career, but I could see this being one from a mental perspective, given he was flying in preseason and there was every indication he was going to be starting for us as the league opened, setting up a possible breakout season.

There have been many very promising footballers that have had these sort of injuries right as they were starting to really make a name for themselves that have fallen by the wayside over the years. Can think of a few prospect at City that we (at least partially) ultimately lost due to inopportune injuries.

I hope the club and his teammates are giving him the support that younger players experiencing these setbacks need.

He seems a very driven lad with a good head on his shoulders, though, and his talent is there for all to see, so I am confident he’ll come through this stronger than ever.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.