Bobb injured in training | Fractured leg confirmed (p 5)

Why does every City player go to Pep's friend Cugat? I understand that he's a renowned orthopedic surgeon, but why not go to a surgeon who specializes in this area of the body?
This is weird to me too. We live in an area in the US with a lot of world class hospitals - so lots friends and family work in medicine and they are so highly specialized. Like specialized to the point they only do one specific surgery. And although the best ACL surgeons could do leg/ankle surgery, there would be a whole group of people that specialized and were experts specifically in that.

Snapped my tib and fib when I was 23, never stopped me returning to play at the very top level of the Lancashire Amateur League, mard arse should have just ran it off and declared himself available for Sunday
I played for Broughton Amateurs in that league back in the 90's, bloody hard league that was.

This is weird to me too. We live in an area in the US with a lot of world class hospitals - so lots friends and family work in medicine and they are so highly specialized. Like specialized to the point they only do one specific surgery. And although the best ACL surgeons could do leg/ankle surgery, there would be a whole group of people that specialized and were experts specifically in that.
I've always been concerned that this was the case. I respected Sane a lot for getting a second opinion and actually opting to get the surgery from a surgeon different from Cugat.

From doing a little research this morning about this injury, it seems like a new technique called a 'tightrope' surgery is pretty popular in the States and doesn't require screws and plates, which sometimes have to be removed down the line as they irritate some athletes(Hazard and Gordon Hayward).

His teams speciality might not only be the surgery, but the recovery from the surgery as well. His wife heads the Regenerative Medicine Unit at the Quirón Hospital in Barcelona

His teams speciality might not only be the surgery, but the recovery from the surgery as well. His wife heads the Regenerative Medicine Unit at the Quirón Hospital in Barcelona
Not to mention that he won't be running his operation out of Saul Goodman's old offices where there's only him and Francesca on the front desk.

Good point. Obviously the post op for an athlete of his level will be vastly different than a normal person.

Still surprised some of these guys don’t come to the US (or frankly any place else)? Do they all go to Spain?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.