Bobb injured in training | Fractured leg confirmed (p 5)

'Big impact injury' sounds like a mistimed tackle, the other party as yet unidentified but X is rife with speculation. Maybe better if the club explained what happened - their account up until now was nobody else involved and Pep's description seems to contradict it.

I played in the Lancashire Amateur League in the early 1980's. A sliding tackle left me with badly torn ankle ligaments. It was awful. I can still feel it now.
A badly timed challenge (from behind) effectively ended my playing career at 21, such as it was, so I feel your pain, mate.

'Big impact injury' sounds like a mistimed tackle, the other party as yet unidentified but X is rife with speculation. Maybe better if the club explained what happened - their account up until now was nobody else involved and Pep's description seems to contradict it.
I came here to write the same thing. I know his English isn't perfect, but the fact that the club was so quick to brief the press that it was a non-contact injury makes me think it did involve another player. What a shame, regardless.

Don’t know if it’s allowed, but would be curious to know the speculation from the better sources if someone is willing to summarize.

Don’t know if it’s allowed, but would be curious to know the speculation from the better sources if someone is willing to summarize.
Better sources on twitter? Right.

Why the need to know? Can't some things just be left alone nowadays or are people waiting to pronounce sentence on the other party (if they exist)?

Why the need to know? Can't some things just be left alone nowadays or are people waiting to pronounce sentence on the other party (if they exist)?
It’s pretty irrelevant as long as it was an accident and nothing has been said to suggest anything but it was unfortunate.

Valid point! There is a reason I’m not on Twitter (and thus can’t look myself), so I should have known better.

I am less concerned about blaming someone - I think there are very few sports injuries in which someone is truly “at fault.” Moreso curious how people thought the injury happened.

I wonder why this was not told truthfully reported before?

It makes you wonder if it is because the other player is already unpopular? eg Phillips, Nunes or Cancello?

Weird!

Ffs. As regular as clockwork at the start of EVERY season we have an important player injured. What the hell happens in training?
I am gutted for Oscar and wishing him a safe recovery. However I am also increasingly worried by the size of our ever diminishing core squad, with no sign of any reinforcements rocking up. How can we hope to compete in an 11 month long season, when there are fewer players and the massive risk of even more injuries as regular starters ( I'm looking at Rodders, Berni, Phil, Manu) are expected to play even more games when they already haven't had a decent summer break for the last 3 seasons. It's sheer kamikaze madness imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.