Bobb injured in training | Fractured leg confirmed (p 5)

Ffs. As regular as clockwork at the start of EVERY season we have an important player injured. What the hell happens in training?
I am gutted for Oscar and wishing him a safe recovery. However I am also increasingly worried by the size of our ever diminishing core squad, with no sign of any reinforcements rocking up. How can we hope to compete in an 11 month long season, when there are fewer players and the massive risk of even more injuries as regular starters ( I'm looking at Rodders, Berni, Phil, Manu) are expected to play even more games when they already haven't had a decent summer break for the last 3 seasons. It's sheer kamikaze madness imo.
Luckily, we don't have a smaller core squad.

If it was Haaland or Foden.... do their contracts need to be terminated with immediate effect... like some twitter bellends are suggesting in the hope it was Walker, Cancelo, Phillips etc

Alvarez has left, in my reckoning that's minus 1? By core I meant proven PL players - my bad.
Do you have any suspicion that Savinho isn't going to hit the ground running? he certainly looks the part. I might add that McAtee is a 'proven' PL player now.

Valid point! There is a reason I’m not on Twitter (and thus can’t look myself), so I should have known better.

I am less concerned about blaming someone - I think there are very few sports injuries in which someone is truly “at fault.” Moreso curious how people thought the injury happened.
Same. I've always liked how Spanish clubs will put out a brief describing precisely what was done in the operation, too. English clubs aren't as tight-lipped as, say, hockey teams who either define it as an "upper-body injury" or "lower-body injury" but are still pretty discreet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.