Bobby Gunning For Karl-Heinz Rummenigge!

Gaylord du Bois said:
I'm Tarzan in my spare time when I'm not reading about one persons right to spend their fortune over anothers. I assume the new money doesn't sit well with you then Blunt.

It doesn't tbh no, I don't like Abramovitch for a start. However I appreciate that different leagues have different rules and that's fine.
I have neither the desire, the arrogance nor the inclination to try telling City fans what is the best for their club.
You are enjoying success and you are happy, I can appreciate that.
But I still prefer the BL system, it works for us, we have plenty money, are German owned, my season ticket costs €120 and we are fairly successful.
We have a full house every game, attract top players and are financially sound.
So we are both happy, let's agree to differ.

I hope City are banning this clown from the directors box. Embarrassment to his Club. Fuck off Rummenigge!!!

bayern blade said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
I'm Tarzan in my spare time when I'm not reading about one persons right to spend their fortune over anothers. I assume the new money doesn't sit well with you then Blunt.

It doesn't tbh no, I don't like Abramovitch for a start. However I appreciate that different leagues have different rules and that's fine.
I have neither the desire, the arrogance nor the inclination to try telling City fans what is the best for their club.
You are enjoying success and you are happy, I can appreciate that.
But I still prefer the BL system, it works for us, we have plenty money, are German owned, my season ticket costs €120 and we are fairly successful.
We have a full house every game, attract top players and are financially sound.
So we are both happy, let's agree to differ.

+1

Ruhr said:
Aequitas1987 said:
I am not aware of Schalkes financials.

155 million Euro debts as a club and 216 million overall (including stadium company etc.)

As long as their wage bill meets the Bundesliga requirement i.e. <50% of revenue. And they have financial transparency and a plan moving forward to limit that debt is the main reason that they have been not been drastically punished. As Bayern Blade said these relegations have happened in the 2nd and 3rd divisions.

However, due to intense scrutiny, financial transparency and rules such as the wage bill ratio in the 1.Bundesliga itself they do get a lot more breathing room. They just have to show some sort of movement towards reducing that debt and Schalke being such a massive club/fan base probably has no problems with that.

bayern blade said:
Ruhr said:
come on, my club Schalke and Dortmund years ago drowned in debts and they are still there

It depends on the debt. Several clubs in Germany have been denied a licence and relegated, mostly from the second and third divisions.
But as a German you know bloody well that Bayern can't operate like Man United, Madrid, Barca and the rest due to Bundesliga rules.
To be fair though, you do give it a bloody good go though;

Manuel Neuer - BOUGHT from Schalke
Breno - BOUGHT from Sao Paolo
Van Buyten - BOUGHT from Hamburg
Ribery - BOUGHT from Marseille
Nils Petersen - BOUGHT from Energie Cottbus
Arjen Robben - BOUGHT from Real Madrid
Ivica Olic - BOUGHT from Hamburg
Rafinha - BOUGHT from Genoa
Jerome Boateng - BOUGHT from the mighty MCFC!!
Butt - BOUGHT from Benfica
Pranjic - BOUGHT from Herenveen
Alaba - BOUGHT from Austria Vienna
Gustavo - BOUGHT from Hoffenheim
Sattelmeier - BOUGHT from Regensburg
Mario Gomez - BOUGHT from Stuttgart
Tony Kroos - BOUGHT from Hansa Rostock
Tymoschuck - BOUGHT from Zenit

Not all huge purchase by any means (although some were), some certainly 'stolen' from other teams' youth set ups for whatever 'undisclosed' fee.

So, is FFP going to protect those clubs who sold from Bayern's undoubted financial muscle?

Ruhr said:
bayern blade said:
84.1% - Privately owned.

you mean club owned?

Yes.

-- Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:47 pm --

strongbowholic said:
bayern blade said:
Ruhr said:
come on, my club Schalke and Dortmund years ago drowned in debts and they are still there

It depends on the debt. Several clubs in Germany have been denied a licence and relegated, mostly from the second and third divisions.
But as a German you know bloody well that Bayern can't operate like Man United, Madrid, Barca and the rest due to Bundesliga rules.
To be fair though, you do give it a bloody good go though;

Manuel Neuer - BOUGHT from Schalke
Breno - BOUGHT from Sao Paolo
Van Buyten - BOUGHT from Hamburg
Ribery - BOUGHT from Marseille
Nils Petersen - BOUGHT from Energie Cottbus
Arjen Robben - BOUGHT from Real Madrid
Ivica Olic - BOUGHT from Hamburg
Rafinha - BOUGHT from Genoa
Jerome Boateng - BOUGHT from the mighty MCFC!!
Butt - BOUGHT from Benfica
Pranjic - BOUGHT from Herenveen
Alaba - BOUGHT from Austria Vienna
Gustavo - BOUGHT from Hoffenheim
Sattelmeier - BOUGHT from Regensburg
Mario Gomez - BOUGHT from Stuttgart
Tony Kroos - BOUGHT from Hansa Rostock
Tymoschuck - BOUGHT from Zenit

Not all huge purchase by any means (although some were), some certainly 'stolen' from other teams' youth set ups for whatever 'undisclosed' fee.

So, is FFP going to protect those clubs who sold from Bayern's undoubted financial muscle?

We paid good money. In anycase that is a bit unfair, you have spent more in a year than we have in ten (edit : I'm guessing before I get slagged off !).
Also Ribery was bought with the 25 million we got the week before for Hargreaves for instance.

Aequitas1987 said:
Dortmund did struggle financially but the main reason for that was not pure debt but instability in the stock market since Dortmund went public. They still were fiscally responsible and were able to bounce back from that, at first they had to drastically cut their wage bills to meet the <50% wage bill rule in Bundesliga but they managed. Renaming of the stadium and offloading some players helped them crawl out of their financial issues and after that they focused on their youth project and were able to get back to their former glory now.

I am not aware of Schalkes financials. I do know they were relegated a few times in the early 80's.
This too is sounding awfully familiar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.