Bobby Gunning For Karl-Heinz Rummenigge!

Why is it that all of these miserable Germans have navigated to our forums (and in particular this thread)?

Don't tell me they actually respect this clown...

Yeah, I respect Rummenigge. He has a sensible head on his shoulders and more often than not when he speaks he is not the figurehead of Bayern but the figurehead of the ECA. He is one of the few individuals who proposed FFP which i feel is a step in the right direction than no change at all. Is it perfect? no. But its a step in the right direction. At least its a change from the norm.

The FFP would make Bayern more competitive in Europe. Definitely. But at the same time it would make us less competitive in Germany. Other German clubs who already put embargo's on trades to Bayern will have the strength to reject our transfer bids more often than not. The trend of Vidal and Goetze is just the beginning.

Aequitas1987 said:
Yeah, I respect Rummenigge. He has a sensible head on his shoulders and more often than not when he speaks he is not the figurehead of Bayern but the figurehead of the ECA. He is one of the few individuals who proposed FFP which i feel is a step in the right direction than no change at all. Is it perfect? no. But its a step in the right direction. At least its a change from the norm.

The FFP would make Bayern more competitive in Europe. Definitely. But at the same time it would make us less competitive in Germany. Other German clubs who already put embargo's on trades to Bayern will have the strength to reject our transfer bids more often than not. The trend of Vidal and Goetze is just the beginning.

I completely hear you, man. I plan on quitting heroin so I'm going to switch to cocaine. It's not a perfect plan, but it's a step in the right direction. Certainly better than doing nothing at all.

I love it when people try to use failed repetitive humor as an excuse for poor debating skills. Keep it up.

By the way Rocket your point still comes off as absolute rubbish. If the current Norm is Heroin then there is no 'doing nothing at all', doing nothing at all in my argument = doing heroin which in your non-funny argument is worse off than doing cocaine.

Where did you learn failed symbolism and usage of buzzwords to attempt to be funny and fail? Internet 101 from Y2K?

Edit* I still cant fathom how people can argue that, lets hold out for all the clubs to find rich owners to support their competitive edge than find a solution that COULD possibly be a step in the right direction in evening out the playing field. Its beyond illogical. Its absolute nonsense. If you believe the ONLY ONLY way to compete with the so called 'cartel' is to basically get foreign ownership who can fund each and every semi-competitive club until they get access to the billionaires package, then the sport is too far gone already. I guess this is what strongbowholic was stating earlier about my naivety. I don't think optimism is naivety in this case at all. Maybe its his bias for supporting a club that is possibly hindered by FFP in reaching their true potential that is tunnel-visioning his opinion about my naivety.

Aequitas1987 said:
I love it when people try to use failed repetitive humor as an excuse for poor debating skills. Keep it up.

By the way Rocket your point still comes off as absolute rubbish. If the current Norm is Heroin then there is no 'doing nothing at all', doing nothing at all in my argument = doing heroin which in your non-funny argument is worse off than doing cocaine.

Where did you learn failed symbolism and usage of buzzwords to attempt to be funny and fail? Internet 101 from Y2K?

Edit* I still cant fathom how people can argue that, lets hold out for all the clubs to find rich owners to support their competitive edge than find a solution that COULD possibly be a step in the right direction in evening out the playing field. Its beyond illogical. Its absolute nonsense. If you believe the ONLY ONLY way to compete with the so called 'cartel' is to basically get foreign ownership who can fund each and every semi-competitive club until they get access to the billionaires package, then the sport is too far gone already. I guess this is what strongbowholic was stating earlier about my naivety. I don't think optimism is naivety in this case at all. Maybe its his bias for supporting a club that is possibly hindered by FFP in reaching their true potential that is tunnel-visioning his opinion about my naivety.

To be honest, I think the bit I've bolded is where the problem lies. The gap between the so-called "elite" European clubs and the rest is bigger than ever before, and as such the chances of any other club achieving "elite" status is next to impossible unless that club is given a huge cash injection from a rich owner. I appreciate that domestically the Bundesliga is still very competitive because of the way your league is regulated but Bayern are still out on their own compared to all other German clubs in terms of being a household name across the globe. You're up there with the likes of United, Barca, Real, and AC Milan in terms of worldwide recognition.

As it happens, I'm not really interested in getting into a heated discussion with Bayern fans about this - Rummenigge has made some ill-advised inflammatory comments about our club while not in possession of the full facts of what City are trying to achieve but that isn't the fault of the Bayern fans that post on here, many of whom gave us good advice ahead of our trip there in September.

Much like when Roberto went through Tevez in the aftermath of the last game against Bayern, his comments about KHR show just how much he cares about City. Nice to have someone from our side defending us against all the shit that is talked.

Breadsnapper said:
You mis guided, bigoted fucking idiot. A cursary search on mcfc.co.uk will see what City are doing for charity AROUND THE WORLD never mind locally.
It seems to me it is either the German way or it is wrong. Dangerous fucking attitude if you ask me, and to think you are probably allowed to vote.

Did I say you weren't. You seem a tad touchy, may I suggest anger management. There really is no need to be so abusive, can't we have a civil debate on here ?<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:35 am --<br /><br />
Joga Bonito said:
Why is it that all of these Germans have navigated to our forums (and in particular this thread)?

Because we are playing you possibly ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.