Bobbys ad in today's MEN

moon said:
nijinskybell said:
Under Mancini, we played some of the best football I have ever seen... and I mean ever. Spurs away in the 5-1 for example - simply sublime at times!

Sad that it ended in such a messy way.

Thanks for the good times Roberto - don't come back to haunt us in the CL though. That would be too typical city.

with Balotelli ,De Jong and Robinho for AC ?

It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

The cookie monster said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Balti said:
it is possible to be grateful to our owner......to believe that the board is trying to act in the best interests of the club......to understand the logic behind the decision......to have respected Mancini.....to feel saddened by the clubs treatment of him and to express this frustration....and to point a finger in the direction that appears to be responsible for the anti-Mancini shite that the press is coming out with which appears to be emanating from the club

none of this is mutually exclusive

because we are gtrateful to our owner/ chairman etc does not mean that we have to act in a lemming like fashion and agree with everything that they say and do

in my experience that sounds like the very opposite of what I would expect from City supporters tbh
I totally agree. I don't have an issue with people being grateful to Mancini and I don't have a problem with people questioning things at the club. Personally, I just don't feel especially grateful to Mancini and I do feel grateful to the owner. Just a different opinion that is all. I'm not going to say I feel something that I don't.

So whoever comes in from now on and wins more trophies you will not be grateful to them either?

Probably not. I don't think gratitude is the emotion I would feel. I would quite probably like the next manager more though.

TGR said:
BringBackSwales said:
TGR said:
Genuine thanks for your post. Much appreciated.

There is no worse or more disgusting insult that a BLUE can receive than to be called a rag. If he has any proof then he should give it, if not he should apologise.

If anyone needs my credentials as life long blue then that is not a problem.
However, I won't hold my breath for a retraction of apology from PB and TBH I don't need one. My first game was in '68 and I have never stopped supporting them since. In comparison PB is a lightweight (but a very self important one!)
If he bans me then it will only confirm it.
OK I apologise unreservedly (just to confound you). My first visit to Maine Road was actually 4 years before yours though and I started going regularly about the same time as you so I just found it hard to understand how someone who has been through everything we've been through over those 45 years could get so worked up about things, when it's just a blip in a very bright future.

You know that I don't agree with your assertion that the club's handling of this has been a disaster and you've never really offered your view of how else they could have played it although I do agree that today's Ladyman article is pushing it and has inflamed the situation instead of calming it down.

Lancet Fluke said:
The perfect fumble said:
Lancet Fluke said:
I'm not particularly grateful to Mancini. He was a very well paid employee at the club who sometimes did a good job and sometimes didn't. The only person at the club that I am genuinely grateful to is the owner. I'm grateful that he chose City and I'm grateful that he continues to plough hundreds of millions into the club when the chances are that he will never make a penny of it back. I make no apology for that and if it makes me a twat then so be it. I'm not suggesting that decisions at the club can't ever be questioned but maybe he thinks that people whinging about the manager being sacked are ungrateful twats. Who knows?

When you state......

"when the chances are that he will never make a penny of it back."

You are way off the mark, they'll make their money back and more, but over the medium to long term. They've got deep pockets and a plan, this isn't a hobby for them and they're not doing it for the love of football.
You think they'll make more than their money back? I'm not remotely convinced. But yes, I apologise, I exaggerated, he will get some of it back. How much remains to be seen. The point remains he has ploughed incredible amounts into this club and it is him who had made all this possible. Mancini on the other hand was getting paid a fortune to do a job. Which is fine, no problem with that, I'm just not particularly grateful for him for doing a job.

Please, no apology required, perhaps my post was a bit sharp. You and I are as one on the owner and what he's done for the club (though we differ on his motivation) and from a rational stand point I can see why they fired Mancini, but the "well paid" angle, which gets trundled out a lot, I don't buy in to.

If it's just doing a job, then everyone, the board, manager and players are all just doing a job (on a tad more than the minimum wage) with the whole no more than the sum of its parts. If that is true, that Man City Ltd is fundamentally no different from a large engineering company, then what is there to support? Why do I love my club? And why am I sad to see Mancini go?

With the exception of Arsenal, a football club is more than just its balance sheet, you and I both know that.

One thing that I'm reading from this thread is that certain people can't even leave Mancini to take some plaudits. Inflamatory comments, attacking the other posters, all in a bid to do the medias job and paint him in a bad light while the majority, it seems, just want to say thanks, how it was a classy act and wish him well for the future.

I don't know if it is to set the agenda for future post counts but I am of the opinion that it will lead to people becoming more entrenched in their opinions and will make it very hard for the new man coming in. Fans who have been disgruntled by this may turn to tit-for-tat, just like those who wanted Mancini sacked after the Arsenal game.

All's I will say is that Mancini did a cracking job and for that, I'm truly greatful.

Well done Bob, a very classy touch!
Will forever be remembered as a great manager during some fantastic times at our club.
All the best. x

grim up north said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Balti said:
it is possible to be grateful to our owner......to believe that the board is trying to act in the best interests of the club......to understand the logic behind the decision......to have respected Mancini.....to feel saddened by the clubs treatment of him and to express this frustration....and to point a finger in the direction that appears to be responsible for the anti-Mancini shite that the press is coming out with which appears to be emanating from the club

none of this is mutually exclusive

because we are gtrateful to our owner/ chairman etc does not mean that we have to act in a lemming like fashion and agree with everything that they say and do

in my experience that sounds like the very opposite of what I would expect from City supporters tbh
I totally agree. I don't have an issue with people being grateful to Mancini and I don't have a problem with people questioning things at the club. Personally, I just don't feel especially grateful to Mancini and I do feel grateful to the owner. Just a different opinion that is all. I'm not going to say I feel something that I don't.

You have had your day out.................
That is right up there with "wow, just wow." Ok, I give up, sorry for having an opinion, please ignore all previous posts by me on this thread, I was clearly lying to get attention and have my 2 minutes of fame on this board. After all, who wouldn't want to try to get the attention of the Mancini thought police. What I really meant to say was thank you Bobby you are the best, you have incredible amounts of class and are the best manager who ever lived. Well done, I love you and quite probably want to have your children. Is that ok?

Lancet Fluke said:
grim up north said:
Lancet Fluke said:

You have had your day out.................
That is right up there with "wow, just wow." Ok, I give up, sorry for having an opinion, please ignore all previous posts by me on this thread, I was clearly lying to get attention and have my 2 minutes of fame on this board. After all, who wouldn't want to try to get the attention of the Mancini thought police. What I really meant to say was thank you Bobby you are the best, you have incredible amounts of class and are the best manager who ever lived. Well done, I love you and quite probably want to have your children. Is that ok?

No, you forgot to put a kiss at the end of it, just like the post above.

RAWK and Facebook rolled into one this has become!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.