Bobbys ad in today's MEN

danebanksheik said:
Lancet Fluke said:
bazbarrybazzer said:
Or it could just be genuine.

*shakes head*
Yes, I recognise it could be. But it could be motivated by other things. That's all I'm saying.

I would be more inclined to believe it is an MEN instigated shit stirring exercise if there is any element of conspiracy to it but on this occasion think it is most likely a genuine gesture from a classy man, fair play Roberto, thank you for what you did for the club.

I agree. I don't think we need to call this guy just yet :

42358_pro.jpg

Lancet Fluke said:
I know this won't be a popular view as presumably I'm supposed to positively jizzing in my kecks but this "advert" could be viewed as ever so slightly shit stirring. He knows much of the support aren't pleased with his sacking, things are beginning to settle down and suddenly there is a full page ad getting the lovers all emotional again and even more in love than they were before. It's very clever if you ask me, which I realise you didn't. Cue the "give your head a fucking wobble" merchants.

You might be right, but who cares. In truth, the only thing that all football supporters have in common, the glue that binds supporters together within a club, that transcends class, age, sex, whatever, is a thick vein of sentimentality.
Mancini knows this and the advert plays to that, and regardless of his motives I for one was choked to see it.
There is a video on Youtube, of the crowd at City Square during the 2011 FA cup, it was taken by a bunch of young City fans, just before the final whistle one of the young lads blurts out in an incredulous voice "we're going to win summat!" Well we won that "summat" on his watch.

I'm not cynical enough to see any shit stirring in this, and I read Private Eye. I would imagine that even our owners would congratulate Mancini on his achievements while he was here, but in their view it was time for a change.

I was an outer, and I think it was the right decision to remove Roberto from his post. I believe that his management style means he has a limited shelf-life at a club, so I suspect that the defects the team has shown in the season just ending would have continued in the new campaign.

However, I'm grateful to him for the job he did. After all, he took over an expensive but misfiring squad that was struggling, halfway through the season when he arrived, to move higher up the table than sixth. He turned it into one that qualified automatically for the CL for 3 successive seasons as well as winning things for the first time in decades. Notwithstanding the money pumped in by our owner, that's an impressive feat and I'm sure in decades to come, when we look back on this point in our history, he'll always be viewed as an important figure.

For that, I'm grateful to him. As I've posted on here before, to nick and adapt a line I loved from David Lacey of The Guardian in his report on England’s 5-1 win over the Germans in Munich, just as Bogart and Bergman will always have Paris, so we and Mancini will always have Wembley in April and May 2011, Old Trafford in October 2011, and that amazing day in May 2012.

Our paths may well cross again at some point, as I assume he'll now manage another team likely to play in the CL. If so, I'm sure he'll get a great reception at our place, and the ad today in the MEN is a nice touch.

Even the outers and doubters can't argue that advert is pure class, it's the sort of thing the rag twats should of done for baconface but the classless twats will be sat there thinking shit we've been done again.
It's that good, I thought it was a Clarkie and held back to make sure.

BillyShears said:
Hahahaha. The absolute height of ego and vanity. A picture of himself, stood behind the three trophies he won. I wish I wasn't so cynical as to wonder whether it isn't just one more 'fuck you' to the club.

Really can't wait for the new man to be in charge so Mancini can be consigned to history.

oh god he`s here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.