Bobby's problem

Pigeonho said:
Jordie said:
Pigeonho said:
All spot on.
Spot on?????????????
Yep, that's what I said, though i'm guessing the 13 question marks suggest you don't agree?????????????
I highlighted the two points i don't agree with. Rodwell handling the ball against Liverpool, when he clearly didn't, and the stupid (imo) remark about Tevez looking "mutinous". Are you saying you agree with these remarks?<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:14 am --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
Mancini is a very strong character and it has shown with issues with a number of players already.Bellamy,Adebayor,Tevez to name 3 and overall I think it's a positive.But can it also be a negative.

Currently he seems to be at odds with Lescott and Milner and possibly Micah who went to number two right back last year and then he bought Maicon as well.It's like he feels he has to play some players and that ends with Yaya in a deep position that he simply isn't suited to.

Is it upsetting the team spirit and togetherness with this and the changes he keeps making?

Good post.

He is blind to the ineffectiveness of Samir Nasri, wants to play him every week and that renders Yaya wasted in a holding role.

And yes, the players look seriously fucked off with it to me. The body language on the pitch is wrong. You can see them looking over to the bench regularly as we mess around with formations, as if to say "What am I doing?". Yet they know full well that if they say a word out of line they could be out in the cold forever. I worry Micah is in that position after a tactless interview last season. We miss him like mad.
I thought he was injured.

Re: bobbys problem

waspish said:
Mancini is trying to get all our star players on the pitch that's the problem!Last night it should of been Yaya behind Aguero silva and Tevez either side problem is the 2 holding midfielders for me at the moment Barry is the only one who is good enough when teams are on us in a flash and runners from midfield are causing havoc
This, you need a balance in the team.

Jordie said:
Pigeonho said:
Jordie said:
Spot on?????????????
Yep, that's what I said, though i'm guessing the 13 question marks suggest you don't agree?????????????
I highlighted the two points i don't agree with. Rodwell handling the ball against Liverpool, when he clearly didn't, and the stupid (imo) remark about Tevez looking "mutinous". Are you saying you agree with these remarks?

-- Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:14 am --

Didsbury Dave said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
Mancini is a very strong character and it has shown with issues with a number of players already.Bellamy,Adebayor,Tevez to name 3 and overall I think it's a positive.But can it also be a negative.

Currently he seems to be at odds with Lescott and Milner and possibly Micah who went to number two right back last year and then he bought Maicon as well.It's like he feels he has to play some players and that ends with Yaya in a deep position that he simply isn't suited to.

Is it upsetting the team spirit and togetherness with this and the changes he keeps making?

Good post.

He is blind to the ineffectiveness of Samir Nasri, wants to play him every week and that renders Yaya wasted in a holding role.

And yes, the players look seriously fucked off with it to me. The body language on the pitch is wrong. You can see them looking over to the bench regularly as we mess around with formations, as if to say "What am I doing?". Yet they know full well that if they say a word out of line they could be out in the cold forever. I worry Micah is in that position after a tactless interview last season. We miss him like mad.
article-0-14B40733000005DC-993_468x335.jpg

Many would say ball to hand and that it was harsh, however many could say the same for the handball which lead to our penalty last night. Either way it was handball so yes, I agree with that.

As for the mutinous comment, well that really is a nothing isn't it?

Mancini has been saying he needs to sort out the defensive problem for 9 games now. Every post match interview he says "We need to sort this. It is not good enough" then pisses about with the back 4 again the next game. Keep Lescott and Kompany for every game and play Nastastic/Rodwell etc in FA cup

Just listened to the post match interview with Mancini.

<a class="postlink" href="http://soundcloud.com/imagine-fm/blue-moon-live-borussia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soundcloud.com/imagine-fm/blue-m ... e-borussia</a>

"We need to fight, we need to run. Not enough to have the quality."

Why don't we fight and run?

Bobby's problem is that having won the FA Cup and Premier League in successive seasons he has raised expectation levels. I'm not being complacent but a lack lustre start to the season isn't the end of the world. Let's get a bit of perspective and stop panicking just because we haven't demolished teams at every opportunity.

The only way Mancini can sort it is to walk away unfortunately. The team looks totally disjointed with no game plan. Only the individual skill of our players gets us the results.

I hate to say it but if Bacon face, Mourinho, Wenger or even Rafa had our team they would have won the league by a distance last year and a cup as well.

Last night he switched to 3 at the back a formation we are obviously not comfortable with and a formation that seems to have sucked the confidence out of Vinnie. Within 10 mins he was screaming at them with 4 fingers in the air to go back to the original formation. A formation that seems to have sucked the confidence out of Vinnie.

He has obviously fallen out now with Lescott as well not only because he left him out last night but the way Dzecko ran to Lescott after his Fulham goal seemed to smack of '' this manager doesnt know what hes doing''.

His signings have been brutal this season (okay maybe Marwood is to blame here too but Mancini has to carry the can). Sinclair is no improvement on Johnson, Garcia seems to be a back step to De Jong and well Rodwell ......

His mouthing off in the press about his players before he has even talked to them smacks of immaturity and a larger than normal ego

I think hes lost the dressing room lost the plott and we will win nothing this year.

Just my doubts wish I didn't have them but I think we are in trouble

ade_akhtar said:
Mancini has been saying he needs to sort out the defensive problem for 9 games now. Every post match interview he says "We need to sort this. It is not good enough" then pisses about with the back 4 again the next game. Keep Lescott and Kompany for every game and play Nastastic/Rodwell etc in FA cup

Kompany & Lescott started against Southampton, QPR, Stoke & Arsenal and didnt look particularly solid. Then there was the final game of last season when, I think, Mancini decided he needed to replace Lescott.

I think Nastasic looks a better player than Lescott. Now that we're out of the Capital One Cup there are fewer less important games to ease in Nastasic. And only playing him alongside Rodwell in cup games just puts off the time when he will need to forge a partnership with Kompany.

I think Kompany-Nastasic is the way forward. There are bound to be teething problems whilst they gel but that will happen at some stage and the sooner they get used to playing alongside each other the better.

Pigeonho said:
Jordie said:
Pigeonho said:
I highlighted the two points i don't agree with. Rodwell handling the ball against Liverpool, when he clearly didn't, and the stupid (imo) remark about Tevez looking "mutinous". Are you saying you agree with these remarks?

-- Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:14 am --

Didsbury Dave said:
Good post.

article-0-14B40733000005DC-993_468x335.jpg

Many would say ball to hand and that it was harsh, however many could say the same for the handball which lead to our penalty last night. Either way it was handball so yes, I agree with that.

As for the mutinous comment, well that really is a nothing isn't it?

Handball has to be deliberate and that wasn't, neither was our penalty last night but that isn't the issue. Neither were handball.

The "mutinous" comment. I don't think it is nothing but regardless. Do you agree with it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.