Bobby's problem

Its noticeable how many of the goals we've conceded this calendar year have been from either breakaways or where we've carelessly given the ball away just outside our box. I dont think our defending under pressure is that bad, we just need to erdicate sloppy errors and keep our shape a bit better.

cibaman said:
Its noticeable how many of the goals we've conceded this calendar year have been from either breakaways or where we've carelessly given the ball away just outside our box. I dont think our defending under pressure is that bad, we just need to erdicate sloppy errors and keep our shape a bit better.

Agreed, if you had to sum it up in one word it would be "careless".

george22 said:
My how the worm has turned...
Mancini has some issues....
I'll leave the positions to the experts, but He has to be the center of attention.
If Tevez' actions in Munich last year caused him to say " Never again will he play for City" then sell his ass. Mancini complains about everything and anything.Everyone but himself has to live up to his expectations.
Bottom line: watch the best players we have. All of them at one time or another has had words with him during a match ( except for Kun, so far ) I think the players ,play in spite of him sometimes they certainly aren't playing for him now. Are they tired of the ego or are they not a team?
After Harts' effort on Wed., I think the guys are going to bring the pain tomorrow. The players are either going to win for themselves or basically pack it in. That is if my opinion is correct.
How would this team do if they absolutely loved the boss?
very good post<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:12 am --<br /><br />
Bodicoteblue said:
Well said George 22 - at last someone who thinks the unthinkable and says the unsayable!
Agreed

Composed Balotelli keeps City’s European dream alive (Ian Herbert, Independent) Jack Rodwell has only played 311 minutes since his £15m transfer from Everton but has already been directly responsible for City conceding three goals. On his City debut, on 19 August, the 21-year-old gave the ball away allowing Southampton to counter attack sharply and for Steven Davis to score. A week later, Rodwell handled the ball to concede a free-kick which Liverpool’s Luis Suarez put in. And last night Rodwell passed the ball straight to Marco Reus to give Borussia Dortmund the lead.

Ian Herbert clearly doesn't know the difference between Silva (the man who lost possession against QPR that set up QPR for their goal) and Jack Rodwell!Jack's mistake in that game was the 30 yard hoof back that Hart had to save.

Jany said:
george22 said:
My how the worm has turned...
Mancini has some issues....
I'll leave the positions to the experts, but He has to be the center of attention.
If Tevez' actions in Munich last year caused him to say " Never again will he play for City" then sell his ass. Mancini complains about everything and anything.Everyone but himself has to live up to his expectations.
Bottom line: watch the best players we have. All of them at one time or another has had words with him during a match ( except for Kun, so far ) I think the players ,play in spite of him sometimes they certainly aren't playing for him now. Are they tired of the ego or are they not a team?
After Harts' effort on Wed., I think the guys are going to bring the pain tomorrow. The players are either going to win for themselves or basically pack it in. That is if my opinion is correct.
How would this team do if they absolutely loved the boss?
very good post

-- Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:12 am --

Bodicoteblue said:
Well said George 22 - at last someone who thinks the unthinkable and says the unsayable!
Agreed

No City squad will ever love the boss. Players only love the boss when he picks them. We're always going to have a number of good players that find themselves on the bench or in the stands.

cibaman said:
No City squad will ever love the boss. Players only love the boss when he picks them. We're always going to have a number of good players that find themselves on the bench or in the stands.

When you have a true team, players will say that it's not important who plays, the most important thing is to win. And they will actually mean it.
What you said is absolutely true, because Mancini is the only one to blame for not having that team spirit, but only a bunch of egos crashing and caring only about themselves (mostly, not everyone).

to OP - think he means bringing Barry & Lescott into the team alongside Garcia/Kompany, this means he can push Yaya further forward. If Yaya loses the ball in the opposition half then we have time to recover, if he's playing deep like vs Dortmund and loses the ball then we're in trouble.

Re: bobbys problem

TGR said:
We won the EPL conceding the least amount goals and just missed out on the group stages of the Champions League gathering 10 points in what was by far the most difficult group playing with Lescott, Barry & Milner in the side.

We are now playing new, unproven and inexperienced players in place of Lescott Barry & Milner in our biggest and most important games.

It is completely inexplicable.

Mancini will live or die by such decisions.

Everything you said here was proven today. Cheers.

Takes a big man to admit their mistakes and to fix them. He said he knew the problem and would fix it and he did exactly that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.