Bojinov to Lazio?

alera said:
Taylor, Onuoha, Richards, SWP, Bellamy, Bojinov, Santa Cruz

3 forwards no central midfield cover thats very unlikely to happen. With Richards at right back and Zabs on the bench at least there is the argument he can play defensive midfield but then no place even on the bench for Kompany (he wont start in defence we are looking to buy 2 top central defenders). Cant see it.

Personally I would rather we had not signed Bellamy and had Boj as cover instead, but its done and hes Hughes man.

No option but for him to leave from what I can see we have too many forwards in the squad, Benjani, Boj and Evans will have to be sold, Caicedo loan - he is young and has the most potential to become a player good enough for the level we are striving for.

We cant just hoard all these forwards with no prospect of them ever playing. Have enough problems keeping the 4 top draw ones happy.

We can still use Zab, and even Kompany, as central midfield cover with them in the starting line-up - they don't have to be on the bench to be moved into midfield. Richards could come off the bench to replace Zab, allowing him to move into midfield, and Onuoha could do the same for Kompany. With that in mind, we don't need any central midfield cover on the bench - it would be a complete waste with the adaptability of the players we've got.

I take the point of the above poster about Weiss though - I'd rather see him on the bench than Bojinov

I have noticed many people here hoping boji to go on loan for a season to recover his fitness ...
but you need to realize that a player with a massive reputation like him (In Italy every child knows him) to go on a loan a this stage of his career(he is no more a young kid) to the roman capital is not likely .. a transfer would be his only option .. I like him a lot too as a player and I really wish we could keep him happy somehow by making him also play as a sub-stk or also as a replacement to swp in some games (he is like robinho on the right) .. I think he will stay though unless the club accepts any bids for him because for the last 2 seasons of his injury we stayed by him ..

Hes always injured, whats the problem. If his second name was Bristlethorpe we would be clammering over the seats at COMS throwing rotten fruit at him.

He's the subject of a 4.5mil bid from Lazio, so it doesn't look like a loan deal. Shame if he goes, he's not had the real chance to shine with injuries and the like

Personally for that money I think we should sell him. He looked like a decent player but has had 3 terrible injuries over the last 4 seasons. We only paid around £6 million for him originally.

Hes never going to be the same and will struggle to even get on our bench. Needs to be playing regular football at this stage of his career after all the problems he has had.

At the end of the day he has been with us for 2 full seasons and started 2 games or something. Has 0% effect on the team at this stage we only gain by letting him go especially abroad IMO.

I don't believe Boj will ever be a truly prolific goalscorer, his popularity is more down to people wishing him well after the bad luck he has had with injuries imo. The club has stood by him with his injuries, but he would continue to struggle to get a game if he stayed at the club next season.

alera said:
Personally for that money I think we should sell him. He looked like a decent player but has had 3 terrible injuries over the last 4 seasons. We only paid around £6 million for him originally.

Hes never going to be the same and will struggle to even get on our bench. Needs to be playing regular football at this stage of his career after all the problems he has had.

At the end of the day he has been with us for 2 full seasons and started 2 games or something. Has 0% effect on the team at this stage we only gain by letting him go especially abroad IMO.
Sadly, I have to agree.

riley347 said:
never.....this guy is quality and we should be doing our best to keep him.....if he asks to leave,that,s different..............

He is behind Ade, Tevez, RSC & Bellamy... good deal for all. Good luck Boj...

Also Robinho and Ireland can drop in behind the forwards so we actually have 6 players that can do a job in there plus Caicedo and Jo on loan. He was always going to move on this summer if a bid came in... Its another big wage off the bill and it matters with Platini directly targeting us and trying to fuck us over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.