Bojinov to Lazio?

Strange move unless Lazio is planning to sell some strikers...
He's going to be behind Rocchi (captain), Pandev and possibly Mauro Zárate :o
Not like he's going to get more games at Lazio I'd think...

I was desperate for this fella to succeed as you could see the detirmation, desire and explosiveness whenever he got onto the pitch. He seemed like a right character and I think he'll tear up trees elsewhere but since his signing things have changed dramatically in terms of ambition of the club, playing staff in his position (which limit playing opportunities for him) and obviously the financial circumstances aswell.

If he wishes to fight for his place then thats admirable but I would feel he's fighting a battle that has been long-lost when we bought in three other strikers on top of Bellamy and Robinho. I think that's all the signal he required that a move back to Italy was in the best interests for his career from both a success (goalscoring) perspective, if not a financial perspective.

He's been unlucky with injuries and we'll never be able to acknowledge what he is capable of apart from the youtube videos of him as we've not seen enough to make a clear judgement of the fella. I thought he'd be perfect for this league but it turns out he's made of glass and thats been smashed two years on the trot.

Good luck Valeri. All the best with the rest of your career fella.

the--dud said:
Strange move unless Lazio is planning to sell some strikers...
He's going to be behind Rocchi (captain), Pandev and possibly Mauro Zárate :o
Not like he's going to get more games at Lazio I'd think...

Pandev looks to be leaving soonish. I believe Liverpool / Bayern Munich want him.

seems a good player, but unfortunately his injuries are too much of a risk for us to count on him, especially with RSC and bellers injury history! i think the last squad place for striker was between bellers and boj, and imo bellers was the correct choice, he can play wide if needed, and proven in the prem, and his interviews lately clearly state he's fully commited to city even if its only as back up! i can see bellers bein an important player this season especially come winter time!! glad that bojinov looks as tho he'll be going abroad, that way if he turns out to be awesome then we wont have to witness it or be on the receiving end of it!

Pandev has fallen out with the Hierachy big time and put in a transfer request so he is defiantely on the way out.

I think this would depend on him being sold...

You forgot the other fact though Lomas - he's welsh...

(opens can of worms)

We have to move out some more of the dead wood that wont play at the end of the day, the squad is looking bloated and top heavy again its just a distraction for the coaching and physio staff having all these players around that are not going to play in the first team.

There is no point keeping players that wont feature or even get on the bench and he falls into this category unfortunately.

Logan has gone on loan and it looks like Evans will be sold to Sheff Utd. Caicedo is going out on loan to Sporting Lisbon. If Boj goes thats 11 pros moved out so far this summer, I still think the likes of Ben Haim, Benjani, Garrido will be sold and Etuhu and Johnson will be sent out on loan. This is the very minimum that will end up leaving IMO with Elano, Petrov and Dunne also posibilities depending if they want to stay and fight / injuries and who else we bring in.

C_T_I_D said:
I was desperate for this fella to succeed as you could see the detirmation, desire and explosiveness whenever he got onto the pitch. He seemed like a right character and I think he'll tear up trees elsewhere but since his signing things have changed dramatically in terms of ambition of the club, playing staff in his position (which limit playing opportunities for him) and obviously the financial circumstances aswell.

If he wishes to fight for his place then thats admirable but I would feel he's fighting a battle that has been long-lost when we bought in three other strikers on top of Bellamy and Robinho. I think that's all the signal he required that a move back to Italy was in the best interests for his career from both a success (goalscoring) perspective, if not a financial perspective.

He's been unlucky with injuries and we'll never be able to acknowledge what he is capable of apart from the youtube videos of him as we've not seen enough to make a clear judgement of the fella. I thought he'd be perfect for this league but it turns out he's made of glass and thats been smashed two years on the trot.

Good luck Valeri. All the best with the rest of your career fella.

excellent post mate, think the underlined part is a touch harsh - it is more that he has just been terribly unlucky to have the 2 major problems one after another.

he had a decent appearance record before coming to us and will prob stay injury free for rest of career!

damned shame we never saw the best of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.