Bolton (merged with Coyle gone)

Re: Bolton

m7mcfc said:
Lets have a bit of reason. Like the rest of the teams in Greater Manchester they cannot compete with us or the scum.

At the same time I respect fans of Bolton, Rochdale the like as I hopefully growing up in a BL, OL postcode would have supported a local club. But i grew up in M8.

Coyle did a good job at Burnley but that was about his capacity.
fu@k em mate its rag central up there let em fester in their own shit chairmans cocky dealings they sell they dont replace its bad bizness mate

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
I don't think Bolton's relegation is all down to Coyle, they should have stayed up for the incompetent Chris Foy. A big part of why they ended up going down was that Coyle changed the philosophy from the big and combative longball merchants that they were to more of a passing side; they still got it up to Davies to battle just they were n't so one dimensional and direct as before. The change of style initially worked however players like Johan Elmander and Gary Cahill were n't replaced adequately if at all and the latter was poor in the months prior to his departure and players like Holden and Chung-Yong Lee were out for long periods with injury and if Bolton got their money out it was only to sign championship players or MLS imports.
The club that Owen Coyle took over was ripe for relegation, the mismanagement and debts lingering smell in the room, OC came in spayed some air freshener cleaned up the place and began re-decorating the place but it was all in vain the smell would n't go away forever the debts and the cost cutting dragged them down just as it did at City and countless other clubs.

Owen coyle's vision may have worked under more productive circumstances however ultimately it was the wrong club for him, although at the time he was the right manager for Bolton as when jumped ship from Burnley there was only 2 relegation places to fill. Bolton did well to appoint him at the time they got another 2 years in the premier league and had they gone down in 2010 they probably would have ended up in a much poorer state, it was a somewhat cynical act to employ him just as it was of Aston Villa to appoint Lambert from Norwich, displacing their struggles on other clubs.

Some very good points there but ultimately I'm sure Coyle (and Lambert at Villa) knew pretty much exactly what the jobs they'd taken on, at Bolton and Villa respectively, entailed. Both would've been confident of overcoming the factors prevalent at these clubs and doing a decent job with the resources available.

It's been suggested on this forum recently in relation to Mark Hughes that certain managers are a good fit for certain clubs and manage to get the players over-achieving at that club, but then fail to replicate that good work when they move on to other clubs. It's too early to judge Lambert in his new job of course but Coyle did a fantastic job in getting Burnley promoted and it was felt that he was a good enough manager to keep Bolton not just in the Premier League but have them up at mid-table or even higher. This hasn't proved to be the case though. He may well get a job elsewhere, do a great job, and see his stock rise again but it wouldn't surprise me if he falls by the wayside like so many other promising managers down the years.

Ovo said:
Coyle has been sacked.

Ill give it 10 minutes before Arry is on Sky Sports news saying he has had no contact from anyone at Bolton but they are a terrific club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.