Bolton (merged with Coyle gone)

It was Gary Megson and Sammy Lee beforehand which made Owen Coyle seem a good appointment for them. As others have said, the 5-0 defeat to Stoke in the FA Cup Semi Final (one I'm sure many of us followed with hangovers) seemed to shock the Club to its core and they never recovered from it. A change of Manager might be the best way to rebuild as he's taken them down and given them a slow start.

They nabbed Coyle from Burnley so what are the odds on them nabbing Holloway from Blackpool? He can't realistically take them any further without significant investment and Bolton are able to hold their own in the Premiership as has been proved. Usual names like Mick McCarthy and Phil Brown are being thrown around - but Managers seem more employable when they're presently in a job. As with the business world in general.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Marvin said:
The rise and fall of BWFC coincides with Stuart Holden's injury - done in by Johnny Evans.

Did his cruciate and later suffered cartilage damage. He was a really key player for them.

didn't De Jong have a play with his knee ligaments as well?
De Jong broke his leg

didnt phil brown go to coventry recently or not? Anyway who ever takes over at Bolton has a very difficult job. They spent too long struggling in the prem and are not a big enough club for the prem in all honesty. I know a few decent lads from Bolton and a few backward ones as well. Can honestly see them doing a Sheff Wed and going down again.

whats platt doing said:
didnt phil brown go to coventry recently or not? Anyway who ever takes over at Bolton has a very difficult job. They spent too long struggling in the prem and are not a big enough club for the prem in all honesty. I know a few decent lads from Bolton and a few backward ones as well. Can honestly see them doing a Sheff Wed and going down again.

Mark Robins went to Coventry, IIRC. Played for City briefly! I'd Google it to check but I can't be bothered.

A strong appointment for Bolton should see them right. Not that I have any sympathy for their cause. I've more empathy for Preston or Burnley.

They should avoid Billy Davies, Alan Curbishley and Phil Brown. Mick McCarthy, Holloway or McLeish are not a bad shout to get them promoted.

Marvin said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Marvin said:
The rise and fall of BWFC coincides with Stuart Holden's injury - done in by Johnny Evans.

Did his cruciate and later suffered cartilage damage. He was a really key player for them.

didn't De Jong have a play with his knee ligaments as well?
De Jong broke his leg

can't have helped.

whats platt doing said:

Phil Brown was on the football phone in last night on GMR having his two penneth about Bolton - he is itching for that role.

Another of the Strathclyde Seven falls by the wayside. Coyle, McLeish, Dalglish, and Kean have all gone in a year, leaving Ferguson, Moyes, and Lambert. Could make a film about that...

Ray78 said:
They should avoid Billy Davies, Alan Curbishley and Phil Brown. Mick McCarthy, Holloway or McLeish are not a bad shout to get them promoted.

Curbishley rightly hasn't been strongly considered anywhere since he walked out on West Ham for preferring to see the Club put in to administration over selling players. Bolton should look away from the same old names and find an ambitious Manager overachieving elsewhere, IMHO.

I'm not sure if there's a boss in League One doing exceptionally well and keen for a challenge?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.