Bolton Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

A superb performance against tough opponents.

We look like a team of winners. Special mention to Dzeko and Milner-easily his best game for us.

This looks like the real deal.

Re: Missed de Jong Big Time!!

Bigga said:
taconinja said:
Bigga said:
I gotta say, I've never seen Kompany, Lescott or Kolarov pass it back to Hart so much!! Usually, it's de Jong that passes it back with Hart having plenty of time on it. Passing back in the last third is not good and is signs of not being happy with who's in front of them, situation-wise.
Okay, that's a bit silly.

No, it's not!!

De Jong only goes back when he's unsure of the options ahead of him. He's in the latter middle third, most of the time. He'll go across or go back to Hart. Today, 3 of our back 4 did this regularly and none of the mid, that I can think of.

What does that say?

To me, it says the mid were pressed or allowed themselves to be pressed. NdJ circumnavigates this with his movement, coming to collect the ball or pre-empting problems in the mid.

Sure, it slows us down a touch, but we retain better control as a whole and counter much more effectively.

I know what I see, even if others don't get it.

I know what you are talking about but I think if it was happening, it was as much about confidence as them actually reacting to people being pressed. As if a little too much doubt had crept into their minds.

I remember Kompany passing back twice when he had people in acres of space. He's definitely a guy who trusts some more than others, regardless of what's actually happening.

It's hard to say why they do it at any one moment, because sometimes it's legitimate, they are trying to draw the sting from a period of play, or take midfielders and forwards back with them in order to create a gap for our lot to play in.

We could have used De Jong at points today, especially around the seventy minute mark, when they were allowed to play far, far too many triangles around the corner of the area.

But generally I thought the midfield were excellent. The 'transitions' were excellent. Win the little battle, with a turn, dribble, piece of skill or a couple of short passes, then play a good ball into the runner. Those forward passes were particularly good, so that's a feather in the cap of the midfield trio (plus Silva, of course). Bolton threw a lot of bodies at our midfield in order to try and win the ball back, but that just left us spaces to break into.

How many times did Kevin Davies win a free kick for fuck all.

For a big lad he goes over too easily and the ref seemed to fall for it every time.

Well done blues, onwards and upwards

Some excellent performers especially Silva and Dzeko and a great overall performance from the team, Bolton made a game of it, even if they were dirty fucks with several of their challenges.

An excellent squad and what seems a good team spirit, fuck all the naysayers and general nob jockeys, top of the league let's hope it stays that way and a win for the Spuds tomorrow would seal a perfect weekend.

What kind of fuckin ale-house football was that from Bolton!!! Apart from Bolton's expected Hough End playing field style football, we were brilliant in parts today. Silva... well he's just Silva what more can be said, but I never thought I'd be saying this anytime soon, I was even more impressed with Dzeko, Milner & Barry!!! If those 3 carry on playing like they did today, what a fucking selection headache they're going to give to Mancini!!!

There was fuck all we could have done regarding the Davies goal, but for the Klasnic goal, the danger started from the original defensive clearance where David Silva headed the ball into no mans land not realising that he had way more time than he did. The Bolton player picked up the loose ball and knocked it over to Petrov who was on their left flank and that's where Richards made the crucial error in allowing him to cross the ball. Klasnic's finish was clinical!! The ball went through Lescott's legs, flashed past Kompany and went through Hart's legs too!! Credit where credit's due it was a brilliant finish, but he should never have seen the ball in the first place!!!

Mancini did what I hoped he would do by praising the overall performance, but flagging up the concession of 2 goals. As he said, we need to score at least 15 more goals than we did last season, but we cannot afford to concede any more than we did as it will only negate the extra goals we score.

If Tevez stays, Nasri comes and we can get the other creative midfielder (Sneijder) and centre back (Coates) that Mancini wants, can we dare to dream?

I think it was a great all- round performance from City today.

In my opinion, Milner and Dzeko both had their best games since they arrived.

Bolton were quite lucky and I still believe that Aguero's great back heel goal should have stood. Richards only gave a gentle nudge, not exactly what you would justify giving a free kick for. Aguero clearly wasn't at his best but will improve as he settles in more. Probably didn't help with Bolton's lot giving him abuse every time he touched the ball.

Tevez didn't look 100%, but as he wasn't involved in pre- season or community shield, that's would you'd expect. Hope to see him and Aguero playing together in the near future.

As I said, great performance, especially in attack, against a good side. Top of the league and I expect it will stay that way, since United won't be beating Tottenham 5-0 tomorrow.

samharris said:
Love_Each_Day said:
samharris said:
crap post of the day ...well done.

Crap in what way?

Silva was sky motm .he scored a goal that's 2 in 2..everything went through him..silva was far from poor mate..even by his own standards..Think he only scored 4 all last season. Bolton are dirty cunts and a style player like silva is going to find it tougher..I thought he did really well considering.

I shouldn't have said poor but we've come to expect so much from Silva and I think it's unusual to see him giving the ball away easily like he did a number of times in the first half. I'm hard on Silva sometimes but only because as good as he has been I think he can be the very best and not just for us.Totally agree with you about Bolton, Silva was very brave to go for that 50-50 with Robinson who would get my vote for dirtiest player in the league.

great result,great performance against pub team notlob,never looked in trouble,always in control,scored when we needed to,dzeko looking every penny of his value with more to come,kompany made davies his little woman,silva was purring,aguero got some match fitness under his belt,only another 36 wins and we`ve won the league..........

forza mancini...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.