Bolton Wanderers thread 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another win for The Trotters today. They beat Fleetwood Town 2-1 at home. They are now 15 points from safety but have 3 games in hand.
Will they be able to avoid the drop to League Two after all?
And another poor crowd of 12,756 in attendance for an all Lancashire Derby match.
Fleetwood being massive crowd pullers competing with Rugby WC final

Another win for The Trotters today. They beat Fleetwood Town 2-1 at home. They are now 15 points from safety but have 3 games in hand.
Will they be able to avoid the drop to League Two after all?
And another poor crowd of 12,756 in attendance for an all Lancashire Derby match.

That’s a great crowd. They have got a good manager now.

Bolton have room for another 16,000 people in their stadium.
Bournemouth has a capacity of 10/11,000.
One ground is at a third of capacity.
One ground is at full capacity.
Almost 13000 out of a capacity of 28000 isn’t 2/3 empty. They have 4th highest attendance in the league whilst being bottom, with 25 points deducted before they start. I think nearly 13000 is a pretty good show, all things considered.

Another league win for the mighty Wanderers,4th league win in a row I believe. They are now on 1 point after starting the season on -12 points.
Now only 12 points from safety ,with 3 games in hand still. Maybe they might not be relegated to League Two after all.
I didn't realise they played in the 1st round of The FA Cup last weekend,but they got beat at home by Plymouth Argyle, so no money spinning FA Cup run this season.

Another league win for the mighty Wanderers,4th league win in a row I believe. They are now on 1 point after starting the season on -12 points.
Now only 12 points from safety ,with 3 games in hand still. Maybe they might not be relegated to League Two after all.
I didn't realise they played in the 1st round of The FA Cup last weekend,but they got beat at home by Plymouth Argyle, so no money spinning FA Cup run this season.

Staying in league is more important imo , so keep it up and cross your fingers.

They have now been deducted a further 5 points (suspended for 18 months) for failing to fulfil 2 fixtures,1 last season and 1 earlier this season.They were also fined for the missed fixtures,although half of the fines are also suspended for 18 month.
Life is tough at the bottom.

Last edited:
I hope they stay up. Manager is a top bloke and been through enough shit.

Being a fellow Boltonian, it's quite refreshing to see two local lads in charge.

I think the board realise they have been pretty lucky to get these two in and I think they will be given ample opportunity to turn it round.

They have now been deducted a further 5 points (suspended for 18 months) for failing to fulfil 2 fixtures,1 last season and 1 earlier this season.They were also fined for the missed fixtures,although half of the fines are also suspended for 18 month.
Life is tough at the bottom.

What a way to help a struggling club - you fine them. Have the idiots in charge no idea of what they are doing ? (clearly not) They were docked points for going into administration which simply makes it harder for the new owners to stay in business as relegation is now likely and now they are punished again. Why do the Football League not punish poorly run clubs before they are driven into the ground rather than punishing the new owners ?
The idea of docking points was to stop an owner simply writing off his debts and starting up a new 'company' with the same players etc thereby gaining an advantage over other clubs in the league. To punish new owners is just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.