Booing our heroes

Funny this thread should come up because at the Liverpool game as the team was being read out, the guy sat in front of me who was a "corporate neutral" turned round and me asked which player we were booing and why we were doing it and I told him that what was actually happening was that we were shouting 'beast' to Negredo.

I told him we're not Arsenal fans, we don't boo our own players and I still believe that for the vast majority of us. It's true that a lot of people were groaning at Garcia and Dzeko against Palace but people always groan when any player gives the ball away, takes a bad touch or doesn't move it forwards quickly enough (which is nearly all the time for a lot of people (older blokes I usually find) who only seem to want us hoofing it goalwards).

Some of the groaners will be doing it only because of which players it is and others will just have been doing it because they were tetchy and we weren't at our fluid best others just out of reflex and that's their prerogative. I myself am a ridiculously biased, blue tinted specs wearing happy clapper so I try not to even groan but you can't start having ago at those who do. Booing on the other hand is different, it's worse than groaning by a long way in my opinion but again that's still people's prerogative, if they want to be a knob then they will be because unfortunately you get knobs in all walks of life and some of them will be blues too.

Bluebee2 said:
Cobwebcat said:
I'm never happy to see Garcia but I would never boo him....there's no point as you say. I've never heard anyone do it at the ground though. Garcia might be greeted with bemused silence but not abuse.
Plenty of abuse for both of them in and around 102/101 yesterday mate, I personally don't like either player would would never boo either

I agree with this , not keen on either but never boo a blue - you just don't !

I Hart Man City said:
Funny this thread should come up because at the Liverpool game as the team was being read out, the guy sat in front of me who was a "corporate neutral" turned round and me asked which player we were booing and why we were doing it and I told him that what was actually happening was that we were shouting 'beast' to Negredo.

I told him we're not Arsenal fans, we don't boo our own players and I still believe that for the vast majority of us. It's true that a lot of people were groaning at Garcia and Dzeko against Palace but people always groan when any player gives the ball away, takes a bad touch or doesn't move it forwards quickly enough (which is nearly all the time for a lot of people (older blokes I usually find) who only seem to want us hoofing it goalwards).

Some of the groaners will be doing it only because of which players it is and others will just have been doing it because they were tetchy and we weren't at our fluid best others just out of reflex and that's their prerogative. I myself am a ridiculously biased, blue tinted specs wearing happy clapper so I try not to even groan but you can't start having ago at those who do. Booing on the other hand is different, it's worse than groaning by a long way in my opinion but again that's still people's prerogative, if they want to be a knob then they will be because unfortunately you get knobs in all walks of life and some of them will be blues too.

All very well intended mate but you might want to take off your rosé tinted ear muffs next time. Maybe the atmosphere was different for the corporate neutral area? It was getting very angry where I was.

Also, I am afraid you can tell other people what to do when they are ruining your enjoyment of the game. That is the beauty of free speech. Otherwise the bully boys would get away with it whenever they felt like it.

skybluepete said:
Bluebee2 said:
Cobwebcat said:
I'm never happy to see Garcia but I would never boo him....there's no point as you say. I've never heard anyone do it at the ground though. Garcia might be greeted with bemused silence but not abuse.
Plenty of abuse for both of them in and around 102/101 yesterday mate, I personally don't like either player would would never boo either

I agree with this , not keen on either but never boo a blue - you just don't !

Regarding 101 and 102 dead right. But at 6' 2" plus come on, at least get stuck in and Garcia won some good headers in defence and did sod all wrong all the game. 3 points now to the land of my fathers ;-)

Tim of the Oak said:
I Hart Man City said:

All very well intended mate but you might want to take off your rosé tinted ear muffs next time. Maybe the atmosphere was different for the corporate neutral area? It was getting very angry where I was.

Also, I am afraid you can tell other people what to do when they are ruining your enjoyment of the game. That is the beauty of free speech. Otherwise the bully boys would get away with it whenever they felt like it.

I said the bloke said he was a corporate neutral not the area and that was at the Liverpool game not the Palace one.

If you want to tell the bully boys to shut up then do it. I don't see where in my post I said you couldn't tell people what to do when they're ruining your enjoyment.

A bloke near me seems to spend nearly every match giving Yaya stick. "Move yerself Yaya" being his most charitable phrase. From about 10 mins in until we scored against Palace he wouldn't shut up "Get Yaya on" He became quite desperate at one point. Made me smile.

this debate begs the question, what do some City fans want if Dzeko isn't their flavour of the month? An honest trier who struggles to find the net? Looking through the history of our club, in particular before the investment, we've had plenty of those......... Edin's goal scoring record in a City shirt is right up there in the averages with the very best, time for those who don't rate him to swallow their pride and give the lad encouragement......Rant over - ctwd

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.