Booing our heroes

awaydayblue said:
this debate begs the question, what do some City fans want if Dzeko isn't their flavour of the month? An honest trier who struggles to find the net? Looking through the history of our club, in particular before the investment, we've had plenty of those......... Edin's goal scoring record in a City shirt is right up there in the averages with the very best, time for those who don't rate him to swallow their pride and give the lad encouragement......Rant over - ctwd
We were discussing this same point after the game and we all came to the conclusion that we would take 1 Dzeko over 5 Dickovs, any day, even though we all loved Paul Dickov

I remember a couple instances the US broadcasters (Ian Crocker & Trevor Francis) commented that "at least the people around them" were booing Dzeko and didn't appear to fancy him. Thought that was strange since I didn't hear it picked up on the game microphone.

Glad he got his goal!

Didn't hear any booing as such myself, heard Dzeko get a fair bit of stick at certain points during the game, but other than that, not very much.

I'm not completely against people booing, as long as it's done reasonably. If your not happy and you've paid your money to go, you have the right to express it - regardless of whether those around you agree with your assessment of that player or not. Constant streams of abuse though are completely unnecessary.

Personally, I'd only boo if I genuinely thought a player wasn't trying, but never simply for not showing enough ability - after all, it is the manager who signs and picks these players. As long as a player is wearing a blue shirt, I'd get behind him, he might be bad this week but he might come good the next. Nothing to lose by keep hoping.

Never heard booing either ...sorry. Level 2

Quite a bit of Dzeko criticism and Garcia isn't well loved but maybe the booing was for something else?

Not a fan of booing myself

the kippax wall said:
I think some of our fans have become spoilt, take their tactical knowledge of the game from X-box or playstation, don't realise how lucky we are watching Garcia, Dzeko instead of Brannon, Shinton. Think everyone around them want to listen to them shouting bollocks and moaning, if we've not scored six by half time. And don't realise that it does the majority of peoples fucking heads in who are trying to get behind the team.

The thing that annoys me the most, ten years ago, we'd have only dreamt of having players of this calibre.
It knocks me sick the amount of people around me that slag off our players, if they take a bad touch or fail to complete a pass.

I don't think Dzeko has looked the same since the spurs 5-1 win, after which he was dropped by Mancini.
He's had good games here and there, and has scored some very important goals for us.
If people care to look at his statistics he's actually up there with the best of them and not as bad as some people think.

And as for Garcia! I don't understand why he's the whipping boy this year aswell.
He's a bloody good player and his statistics are phenomenal.

Booing and getting on their backs knocks their confidence I'd imagine.
Fucking encourage them, they're one of us.

Football is a passionate game , and sometimes you give a player abuse , when he fcuks up , but it is not every player , there are always scapegoats , Richard Edghill , Adrian Heath , Kevin Bond , Derek Jeffries , are a few that come to mind . Dzeko gets abuse because he looks like he cant be arsed , Garcia because he is a poor replacement for yaya , its unfair but it will never change.
Due to work commitments i dont get to every game , but i will attend about a dozen home games (and probably pay more for individual tickets over a season than some season ticket holders) , but there are some right miserable bastards attending our home games , i was in east stand lower against Liverpool , and myself , brother and 2 sons always shout and join in the singing (and of course abusing officials and opposition players and supporters , not politically correct , i know) but some of the looks you get from a few (a minority) of the "regulars" i.e. season ticket holders , you would think you had just pissed on their shoes .

OJ Blue said:
Gets me every time.

Do you love the club?

Do you think it inspires Dzeko and Garcia?

What do you hope to achieve? It's well documented that players feed off the crowd support, get behind the team or get yourself down to the swamp, you aren't wanted.
Well said.i have never or will never boo one of our own.i never booed Barton when he slagged us whilst playing for us.love this club, love every player. I have my opinions, but that is it. 100% behind the team?always have been! always will be

Sabbs flying foot said:
OJ Blue said:
Gets me every time.

Do you love the club?

Do you think it inspires Dzeko and Garcia?

What do you hope to achieve? It's well documented that players feed off the crowd support, get behind the team or get yourself down to the swamp, you aren't wanted.
Well said.i have never or will never boo one of our own.i never booed Barton when he slagged us whilst playing for us.love this club, love every player. I have my opinions, but that is it. 100% behind the team?always have been! always will be
100% agree with this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.