Boris Johnson

Kuenssberg continues to almost single handedly destroy the credibility of the BBC's political coverage.

Normally quite quick to indulge in self flagellation over stuff like dancers getting arsey with each other, the BBC appears less keen to report this story?

Kuenssberg continues to almost single handedly destroy the credibility of the BBC's political coverage.

Normally quite quick to indulge in self flagellation over stuff like dancers getting arsey with each other, the BBC appears less keen to report this story?

I’ve just read Jon Sopel’s new book. He says they effectively offered him that job when he came back to the UK after covering DC for 8 years and he turned them down to go to Global with Emily Maitlis and Lewis Goodall.

I think we can say for certain that the BBC’s political coverage would’ve been a damn sight better with him in charge.

I’ve just read Jon Sopel’s new book. He says they effectively offered him that job when he came back to the UK after covering DC for 8 years and he turned them down to go to Global with Emily Maitlis and Lewis Goodall.

I think we can say for certain that the BBC’s political coverage would’ve been a damn sight better with him in charge.

The generous interpretation of LKs latter career is that she was simply promoted beyond her skillset. She was essentially a reporter with a good nose and some connections and therefore able to break stories but that's a world away from being the political editor. That's before you get into the client journalism accusations that come with the connections she'd developed. Sopel would indeed have been lightyears better.

Last edited:
I would say the main discernible differences are getting goods in and out of the country and the enduring collapse of the pound. Along with the huge increase in numbers of migrants of colour. Plus the sad and avoidable impact on our relations with our neighbours and our standing in the world.

Other things like, for example, gradual loss of living standards or queues at airports are (respectively) less palpable (albeit real) or meaningful.

I always call Boris Johnson ‘Boris’ and still think he’s a ****.
It’s just easier and clearer than saying his whole name or Johnson which is very common.

‘Now, let’s send the briefing note to the team.

E-Mail written, just to get the addressee sorted.

Right, who’s it going to?

That’s it, mymateBoris@blowjob.com, that’s my team.

Send.’

For inadvertently sent I can read deliberately sent but then was caught in the act and when busted even the BBC couldn't condone what she was trying to get away with

It’s just easier and clearer than saying his whole name or Johnson which is very common.
Yeah, I'd call Boris Boris but every other PM I've often trawled my invective folder for a suitable monicker! I miss Boris, lying ****, oops I'm in that 'folder' again, but he was a lovable rogue! We won't see the like again. Did he always buy his own suits?

I get that and the vast majority of us do it too but it was a deliberate misdirection on his part to soften/disguise who he really was and so for me using it is to continue to play the game on his terms. The only time IMO it'll be acceptable to refer to him as Boris is when that name is exclusively a byword for the worst kind of person in public life in the same way Vidkun Quisling's name has passed into infamy. We're not there yet as, mystifyingly, it appears there's still a significant rump of people who look on him with nostalgia and affection.

I get that and the vast majority of us do it too but it was a deliberate misdirection on his part to soften/disguise who he really was and so for me using it is to continue to play the game on his terms. The only time IMO it'll be acceptable to refer to him as Boris is when that name is exclusively a byword for the worst kind of person in public life in the same way Vidkun Quisling's name has passed into infamy. We're not there yet as, mystifyingly, it appears there's still a significant rump of people who look on him with nostalgia and affection.

He is Really Alexander - Alex of Al to close friends - Boris is one of his names he chose to create a character - one of the most successful con tricks of all time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.