Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

Thought we wore them down after they scored we just stepped it up after that.
I noticed before they scored we were not playing our usual press when they had the ball.

For me it proves that Pep did the right thing on Saturday resting most of the players.

The icing on the cake would have been Raheem Sterling scoring right at the end when he had that chance.

There are fools on here who couldn't see that last night was infinitely more important than Leeds in the league.

I don't understand anyone who says they aren't bothered about the champions league, saying it's corrupt, if it is then winning it should give you more pleasure, fucking great competition, especially for the club and the way it's viewed around the way, it is MASSIVE

slow start last night, but there was no way they could keep the intensity up and our better quality began to show towards the end of the 1st and into the second half
it was typified by the young kid bellingham as good a prospect he is, he was a busted flush come 65 mins
loved phil's goal celebration, that's what its all about
saturday now justified

Something just struck me when I saw how dejected Dortmund were.
They got to the last 8 but will probably
not be in champions league next season.
Arsenal could win the europa league and thus qualify for next years champions league. United were knocked out earlier than Dortmund but are still in the europa league.
There's something wrong with United winning a trophy for not even making the knockout stages of a competition and Arsenal leapfrogging the likes of Dortmund by winning an inferior competition and finishing way down in their national league.

So you want some kind of safety net for the established european giants in case they have a bad season....

Separately, finishing midtable in PL and winning europa should be a reward higher than finishing 5th in league and CL QF. Just my opinion

Walton is such a twat. Changes like the wind and never right.

As an aside why do these channels feel the need to have a former ref on for single contentious events during a 90 mins, just employ pundits that know the rules and can have an educated discussion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.