Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

I'm a bit puzzled by some on here who thought we had a poor first half. We had a very timid start for some reason, but after Dortmund scored - and fair play the young lad took his chance well - I thought we dominated from that point. At HT and 0-1, hitting the bar and one cleared off the line, you're thinking "is it one of those nights?". But massive credit second half, we came out and controlled the game. The penalty was nailed on....there's no debate. The arm was in the most unnatural position possible and the slight touch from head to arm doesn't alter the fact the ball was hitting the arm anyway. Great strike for the second goal, what else can you say. The best thing about this? We played to our strengths, concentrated on what we could do and never hit the panic button. Players and manager showed they trust each other to deliver.
Absolutely bang on.

First thing out of my mouth to my lads after the replay was “keeper should have saved it” and I promise you I’m a blue.
The shot was laser accurate. Unlike most players who have to allow for a bit of drift when hitting the ball long range, Phil has the ability to consistently drill the ball straight and give the GK that microsecond less to react. That shot, like a reverse pass, is becoming his signature move. It's what you'll see Messi do now and again.

The fact that both commentators instant reaction to Foden's goal was that the keeper should have saved it says a lot about where their alliegances lay. I said the same for their goal re Ederson.

Foden's would have beaten most keepers due to the power and precision of the shot.
probs should have saved it tbh , keeper was in good position , think it went under his hand ,maybe he was blocked off by players in front , id be disappointed with Ederson if he conceded that .Not complaining though Foden's a big game player :)

They sort of did a Liverpool and thankfully run out of steam. Always going to happen just glad they only got the one goal during those first 20 mins.

Bellingham disappeared 2nd half as did Jermaine Jenas !
Spot on - they ran out of gas like Rodgers' and Klopp's Liverpool (and Klopp's Dortmund).

Magnificent performance from the team and coach. All showed heart and worked their nads off against a decent Dortmund side.

Captain's performance from KdB, Stockport's greatest was busy and Rodri and Silkay pulled the midfield strings. Bernardo defies the laws of energy conservation. Riyad you turned up big time sir and I think the club will need a bigger plinth!

Ruby made some match winning tackles and John was immense. Kyle was always on for a pass. Zinch and Kev are related. Fact! Eddie had little chance with Bellinghams shot.

Haaland was kept quiet by the boulder boys at the back but over the tie still provided 2 assists.

No single MoM it was all of them. Felt for Raz with that late chance should have just belted it. Magnificent for both Phil's goal and at the end to so how much this meant to the lads.

The press can all go swivel. Or choke on their own bile.

PSG surely no chance? But we've come on a whole heap since Lyon, Spurs. They happy to be facing us? Don't think so!

C'mon City!

Get to my pub at 11:48 Pacific time to find no televisions working. Owner had just reopened indoor dining (though had outdoor), and had shut off satellite service to save money and wasn’t planning on turning it on again until indoor capacity was 50 percent. So . . . got my laptop, tapped into the WiFi at the tire dealer next door, sat outside, drank Boddy’s, had a sausage roll, dealt with screen freeze after screen freeze and WATCHED THE FUCKING BLUES ADVANCE.

What a lovely afternoon.

Special shout to Zinky who was magnificent and Foden who is something very special.
The sausage roll doesn't fit with that all-American tale for some reason. Surely you had a weiner or chilli dog or something.

Bizarre comment in injury time along the lines of “can Dortmund get the goal that would put the gloss on their performance”. Glossy defeat, ok.
What he meant, of course, but left unsaid was that a Dortmund goal would be used by City's detractors to take the gloss off City's win, because the narrative then would have been that the penalty should not have been given and that would have meant Dortmund, with another goal, taking City to at least extra time.
Luckily for us, Phil's thunderbastard killed that possibility stone dead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.