Borussia Dortmund (A) - Tue 25th Oct, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying in the groups, if two teams finish dead level you can't exactly have extra time after matchday 6.
No and if you did, there’s no guarantee it would affect the outcome.

There are loads of other variables that could be used, I’m just surprised that away goals as still one of them having been scrapped elsewhere.

No and if you did, there’s no guarantee it would affect the outcome.

There are loads of other variables that could be used, I’m just surprised that away goals as still one of them having been scrapped elsewhere.
What else can you use though if H2H and goal difference are level?

I’m old school. Points then goal difference then goals scored for me. It’s worked for over a hundred years.
They're all used though, what happens if they're level? Serie A and La Liga have been using H2H including away goals for a similar period and it's worked perfectly as well.

They're all used though, what happens if they're level? Serie A and La Liga have been using H2H including away goals for a similar period and it's worked perfectly as well.
I think it makes goal difference irrelevant, so if two teams are on the same points, they both know who is ahead on the head to head record, meaning they don’t have to go and score as many goals as they can to beat their rival on goal difference.

Liverpool’s collapse at Crystanbul wouldn't have happened if it were on head to head results. They’d have won 3-0 as they wouldn’t have pushed for more goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.