Borussia Dortmund (H) Post-Match Thread

And what did Bernardo do? He didn't create any dangerous situation or great pass. He just gave energy and great pressing as usual. Same with Alvarez and Foden. The 3 worked great and all of them gave the team the energy needed
They weren’t predictable either.
Gave them all kind of worries and uncertainty.

Alvarez won't start against Wolves, so why not start him tonight? He immediately brought more energy and directness than Mahrez - could have balanced out the retention of the left hand side.
Looks to me like he's being eased gently in. have to trust the gaffer on this stuff. No one is in any doubt that he is top notch

The Boys in Blue didn’t give in. They fought to the end. Thank you City, thank you lads, thank you fans. You showed ‘em, you showed ‘em all. Especially that UEFA lot!

John Boy did us proud. A TWENTY YARD thunderer! I hope the silly billies calling him and saying he should be taken off or moved or whatever are now apologising, even if only in their head, to the lad. Oh yea of little faith Thank you Erling as well. :-)

@jimharri please may I not be banned for my obsession/commitment to the lad now? ;-)
Must admit, I was asking why he was at RB? I was thinking that he be moved inside and move Cancelo across to RB and Ake to LB. Boy did he ever prove me wrong. Sorry Johnny...and Eccles...:)

You're not boring mate. We disagree, its all good. Everything would be changed with drive, desire and effort. You keep thinking its a system problem, but eveytime the personnel changes ( not Stones tonight) the game changes.
I agree we looked better when Mahrez came off, he’s out of form and stunk the place out tonight but I don’t think he was given a chance of really affecting the game other than a moment of brilliance from a long cross or shot.

Guardiola is a genius, our greatest manager, the best tactician this country and maybe Europe has ever seen, but he’s not perfect and he does make mistakes, especially in this competition for some reason.

He’s tried the Stones at right back a few times and it’s never came off, we’ve won a couple of games but looked very rocky in both on the right hand side.

Mahrez is our slowest winger, but has a great first touch, a really good cross and a whip of a left foot.

When your winger is that slow you need to create space for him, Guardiola has been brilliant for Mahrez because of his love of overloads.

When Stones plays, there are no overloads on the right hand side.

It’s painful to watch.

So whilst I agree that Mahrez was out of form, Alvarez, Foden and Bernado looked far better and created more space with their energy, we didn’t play to Mahrez’s strengths and I wouldn’t pin his performance all on him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.