Borussia Dortmund (H) Post-Match Thread

Bernardo and Phil changed the game allowing more space for De Bruyne on the right with Alvarez' movement too. Gundogan just wasn't getting involved in forcing overlaps and pinning them back and Grealish...well it just wasn't happening for him and he clearly knew it. What a strike from Sir John and that pass and finish for the 2nd....just wow.

Team talk before Wolves "we are 1-0 down lads".

Has Grealish ever had a really good game?? Its like we are all waiting on it to happen for him but it just wont. Seriousley think he is way out of his depth at City.
Looks a bit like a fish out of water. Not his fault at all, but I'm not sure whether his strengths fit what we need

The first sixty minutes until they scored was really bad, actually close to abominable. It looked almost we played for a point and didn't actually care, both Pep and the players. And then they scored and the three players (and what magnificent players) appeared like from Pep's hat and it was just on. And if the first goal was ridiculous with that ball oscillating like an atom, the second one was preposterous. I know that apart from Haaland - and Zlatan - nobody was ever in habit scoring that kind of goals, but that Cancelo pass was a pure filth, and he has done the second time this season!

Just seen a replay...maybe he didn't have a Dortmund win as part of his acca?

Ha! I can’t work it out, he looked like he had a good sight of it and he consciously chose to move away. I’m assuming he must have messed his positioning up but it just looked weird.

I agree we looked better when Mahrez came off, he’s out of form and stunk the place out tonight but I don’t think he was given a chance of really affecting the game other than a moment of brilliance from a long cross or shot.

Guardiola is a genius, our greatest manager, the best tactician this country and maybe Europe has ever seen, but he’s not perfect and he does make mistakes, especially in this competition for some reason.

He’s tried the Stones at right back a few times and it’s never came off, we’ve won a couple of games but looked very rocky in both on the right hand side.

Mahrez is our slowest winger, but has a great first touch, a really good cross and a whip of a left foot.

When your winger is that slow you need to create space for him, Guardiola has been brilliant for Mahrez because of his love of overloads.

When Stones plays, there are no overloads on the right hand side.

It’s painful to watch.

So whilst I agree that Mahrez was out of form, Alvarez, Foden and Bernado looked far better and created more space with their energy, we didn’t play to Mahrez’s strengths and I wouldn’t pin his performance all on him.
Fair enough. This isn't his first bad game and his others have been with different right backs. I think hes just so woefully lacking in effort right now I'd sit him down, but obviously that aint happening.

I disagree with the overloads, our right sided midfielder is generally the overlap but it requires mahrez to face up the defender and play the right pass and he either didn't face up the defender and when he did he hit a lazy pass. Either way. We fucking won!! On to wolves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.