Borussia Dortmund (H) Post-Match Thread

You can see the frustration that Grealish is going through. For me he needs to relax & not worry so much about loosing possession in the final third but take a few risks & mix it up.
Yeah, I turned to my neighbour and said how many times has Jack cut inside and his shot gets blocked. Don't know whether he's up against better defenders but he's having little luck when he gets a shooting chance.

Was still on a high from the game… meant to say that even when he’s had a chance in front of goal in the past, shooting with this left foot, he strikes it cleanly. You can tell he’s someone that’s worked on his craft whereas with some players, their weaker foot is only to stand on.

It feels like Pep is telling them to not take too many risks this year to accommodate not playing a false 9 and therefore losing a player in the build up / slight loss of control.

In some ways I think this is where Grealish is being harshly judged by some (and Marhez to a lesser degree), happens way too often (and did last season) for it not to be a directive from Pep to retain possession, almost at all costs, which inevitably ends up with them turning back and playing the safe pass.

Obviously not saying Pep’s wrong, but I guess I’m old school with wing play and I like to see us mixing it up a bit with them pushing right up to the fullback area and driving on the outside ( when we do, we look so dangerous), instead of that middle and safe ground between the midfield and fullback.

Not sure whether Haarland has had some sort of martial arts training but he knows how to land after those stretches. A lot of players would drop onto a hip or shoulder and pop it, but before he hits the ground, both arms come out bent to cushion the landing. Impressive.

I think a lot are being unfair on Jack. He was always doubled up on. No space for him. Having Mahrez on other side who also cuts inside makes us so slow. Most of the team played shit till the subs came on to inject pace, against a team which had gone to a back 5(3CB) with a sub which I think helped us as they became so deep they had no outlet. Feel unfair to judge individuals against a very well organised team. 3 points....move on as a team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.